Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #1 
BettaBabyBoo

A Betta's POV

When I first arrived to the local pet store, I was vibrant and full of life. Sure, I was confined to a tiny space with water cool enough to make me feel sluggish and dull, but there were so many other fish to flare at. I would swim for hours around my cup, showing my beard and bright colors to any other Betta that dared to get close.

The next day, I had grown tired and bored of the endless competition. Having so many other challengers around me was stressing me out, and I began to bite and nip at my fins, annoyed with the lack of space I was provided, and the cool temperature of the water, and the filth of my feces I could still see at the bottom right corner.

The day after, and I was far too tired to even pull at my fraying fins. The other Bettas held no interest to me, and I none to them. There was no energy left to react to the others. I spent the entirety of the hours huddled at the bottom, occasionally swimming up to gulp some air and half-heartedly flare at the red male to my left.

An unknown amount of time passed, and I hadn't eaten for a week by now. The Betta in the cup behind me had perished. It made me grow more anxious every time I caught sight of his fuzzy body, limp and pale at the bottom, no movement in the water. I worried about that happening to me, and I began to tear at my fins again, taking it out on my tail the most.

Another few days passed, and I no longer had the energy to worry about the future. I knew I would die within the next week; I hadn't eaten, I hadn't had any water changes, and I was constantly cold.

Suddenly I was startled into movement, hands closing around my prison and lifting me up. I swam in panicked circles, surfing the plastic and feebly flaring as a challenge.

After being jostled around in a cart and a strange vehicle, I found myself placed into a huge, warm tank. Although I frantically tried to swim down, I couldn't. Bit by bit, the warmer water seeped in, until I was finally released into my new home.

It was warm and spacious, with many plants to hide on or under or around, and I was fed a few pellets which I immediately gobbled up. I wish I had been fed more, and retreated into my cave, peeking out.

I knew that this was where I belonged, and that I would be well taken care of. My color came back, and I stopped biting my fins, too busy exploring my tank or practicing flaring.

I lived many happy years with my human, knowing that they had saved me.
BettaBabyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #2 
beautiful Betta

It was sad, and happy at the same time, and true for a lot of betta's in chain stores.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #3 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful Betta View Post
It was sad, and happy at the same time, and true for a lot of betta's in chain stores.
I've gone to the pet store every day for the past three (I got my tax returns and immediately decided spending 30$ on the master liquid test kit and 20$ on fun stuff was the sane thing to do) and I can't look at the Bettas without getting angry. My friend accompanied me today, and when she remarked on them, I launched into a ten minute rant on their conditions. A passing employee heard me, stopped, then quickly walked past while avoiding eye contact. Oopsie :p
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #4 
Morguex

Very nice BettaBabyBoo
Morguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #5 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguex View Post
Very nice BettaBabyBoo
Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #6 
Araielle

Awww.. that was touching.
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #7 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araielle View Post
Awww.. that was touching.
Thank you~
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #8 
Kali

I'm so glad this had a happy ending, I was beginning to worry it wouldn't. This is great, very nicely written.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #9 
BettaBabyBoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
I'm so glad this had a happy ending, I was beginning to worry it wouldn't. This is great, very nicely written.
I'm not a very good artist, but I love writing. Thank you MUCHLY :3
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #10 
Bailmint

I shivered at this, it touched my right in the heart c: <3
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote