Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #1 
Sathori

WANTED: Dumbo/Elephant ear Betta.

Hey everyone!

I've been oogling dumbo ears for a while now. My supplier is all sold out and they say it will be at least a couple weeks before they get more in, and I'm getting antsy lol.
Just wanted to see if anyone had any dumbos they are wanting to sell. I fell in love with one female on Aquabid, but her auction ran out before I had the money for her, and the seller is not emailing me back, and has not re-listed her....

I would prefer a bold blue colour. I'm not a huge fan of the purple/violet/lavender colours. Male or female works, I would prefer a HMPK in hopes that I wouldn't have a 4th tail biting betta but I am willing to take in any tail type as long as they're healthy.
He/she would be a pet/family member, well loved and cared for like my other 5 boys. I have a brand new 3 gallon tank in its box ready for a new arrival. Just thought I would see what is out there before I give up and move on from my love for dumbo ears.
I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend, but I'm open to offers and will pay shipping for sure.

This is the little female I fell in love with. I loved her bold blue and white contrast. To me she was adorable, even though her fins are not "perfect". I'm a bit upset that I was not able to get a hold of her...
Name:  Dumbo Ear female betta.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  25.2 KB
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I have a bunch of EE's in my area, I could keep an eye out for you if you wanted and then ship them to you. Mostly they are boy's; mixed PK and regular. If you wanted to buy from a breeder that's fine too ^_^ just offering up an option!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #3 
JDragon

Ugh. Makes me think of the EE male at my petco suffering from SBD. I saw that they're feeding freeze-dried bloodworms. Makes me sick. If you're interested, I would eat the cost and do my best to nurse him... he seems to be a fighter... just throwing it out there. They also have healthy ones, just can't get that boy out of my mind.
JDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #4 
Sathori

From the pet store is fine by me. When I say "my supplier" I'm talking about the guy that my work gets bettas from xD
What color is the SBD betta there? I hate to say no to the guy, but I'm really not keen on the purple/violet/lavender colors, which is all I'm seeing on Aquabid right now.. :/ I'm really in love with the blues. If he's blue, I would take him if you can nurse him. I cannot imagine shipping with SBD would be very good for him >.<
Old 03-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Sathori's in Canada, guys...

I have an ee line going right now but it will be summer by the time I have anything available. Logisticsguy has a couple ee fish if I'm remembering right, not sure if he's bred any or not...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #6 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
ee are so beautiful. I want one so badly
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #7 
JDragon

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....=1#post4070993
Ended up grabbing him. You're not obliged by any means. Hubby might not want to give him up. We'll see. He looks to be a blue but is ammonia burned pretty bad.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh you are so right Matt lol sometimes I forget to look at the location >.< darn! Well guess my offer is no good then! lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #9 
JDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh you are so right Matt lol sometimes I forget to look at the location >.< darn! Well guess my offer is no good then! lol
Same with my offer... oh well. Takes my total up to 10 bettas once the last three girls arrive. Hubby says no more!
Old 03-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #10 
Sathori

Aha sorry guys, I forgot to highlight that I'm from the great white north ;P Though that little dumbo ear does look really cute. I wish you best of luck JDragon!! He's a cutie!

MattsBettas, I have been secretly lurking on your spawn logs If I don't find my EE by then, I'll definitely check out any you have available in your next batch.