Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #21 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderismylife View Post
(Sigh) Maybe you could save up some money to get the proper tank? AGH!!! My mom has always been a fishy person...Well not really but she still understands and gets me all the Essiential stuff...I went on walmarts website and I found a 5 gallon for $29.97 all the small tanks were more expensive weird...any ways Its called tetra aquaruim starter kit 5 gallons! It comes with
Glass tank
Hood with light
Powerfilter
Starter samples of food
Instructions on water care
So you would need gravel...a heater and decorations!! Do you think your dad would buy that? I hope this helped....
I don't think so...they said they want a "small" tank to be able to fit...they think a 5gallon is huge. >.>''

the best I could manage is a 3 gallon...but thats only if they would pay for it...but they wont...I know this.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #22 
beta novice

keep trying and good luck
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #23 
Terranariko

I managed to get a medium critter keeper...it was only 13 dollars around that...(looks like I'll be getting more bettas at that price...>=3 when I get more money that is...)

Anyway...it's a little bare-ish now...but I managed to get a big shell for a hide...and a big leafed silk plant.

and some white rocks...since he's mostly dark colors...so it will lighten him up a bit.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #24 
beta novice

good luck i got a new betta and he should be fine
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #25 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta novice View Post
good luck i got a new betta and he should be fine
yeah it should be fine...besides that berry keeps looking at the tank like "whats that?...why do you have another tank? ...am I gonna has a girlfriend? a buddy? what? TELL ME!"
Old 06-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #26 
beta novice

lol i hope he does end up getting a girlfriend or buddy
Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #27 
sjones

Wow, I really admire you holding out for a bigger tank for your fish, before you get the fish! that is awesome! One thing I keep hearing is not to put shells in betta tanks because they leech and can harm the betta FYI.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #28 
truthequalslies

well tell him a bare 10 gallon tank is $13 @ walmart and a bare 2.5 gallon is $13 @ petsmart
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #29 
Terranariko

sjones: yeah I noticed that and I took it out, I'm gonna get a new hide for him when we get him. Also I did change the water completely so it should be good by now.

truthequalslies: my walmart isn't like that...it's like 50-80+ dollars for a 10gallon. ._. besides that seems a little big...I wouldn't have room for that tank and berry's tank...unless I use just the 10 gallon and seperate it for 5 gallon for each of em...but thats most likely later on in the future...

Also a funny thing....

Since I put the new tank there, berry has NOT stopped looking at it...he sticks to the side of the tank where he can see the new tank and he is just stareing at it...does he see something I don't?...or is he just curious...this morning was funny too...I got up to feed him...and he was "extra" cuddlely today...he was pushing against the wall of the tank to get to me and he was really hyper...maybe he just loves food?...or maybe he's trying to suck up so he doesn't go into the smaller tank...XD
Old 06-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #30 
Betta Slave

Berry is trying to suck up to ya.... XD Poor boy. All my bettas get jealous when I set up a new tank, because they know that a new tank = a new betta.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote