Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #321 
jesssan2442

Here's the recipe to one of my favorite meals!

Ingredients:

1 package Penny pasta (you could really use any kind of noodle)
1 can of marinara sauce
1 can of Alfredo sauce
1 can of shredded chicken (you can boil a piece of chicken and then shred it too)

Steps:

1. Warm up chicken while pasta is cooking.

2. When the pasta is done drain it and mix in the chicken, marinara sauce, and Alfredo sauce.

3. Warm up for a few minutes

4. Now it's ready to serve!

It's very easy and tastes like it came from a restaurant!

Edit: it can be easily multiplied for family gatherings, parties, or big families!

Last edited by jesssan2442; 01-24-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added something
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #322 
fleetfish

There was nothing planned for supper tonight, so I had to use what veggies I had left over in the fridge. So I made this with what I had and I gotta say, it was delicious, spicy, healthy and flavourful. Gluten free/paleo/vegan too :)

Sweet Potato Mushroom Mash

2 medium sweet potatoes cut in small chunks

1 carton of mushrooms, sliced into thin pieces

1 large carrot, grated

1 cup/can of stock or coconut milk

3 cloves of garlic, mashed

Butter (omit if using coconut milk), black pepper, small amount of kosher salt

1 large stalk of Thyme, leaves only

1 large stalk of Rosemary, leaves only

Small knob of ginger, mashed

Generous squirt of tomato paste

Generous amount of honey or maple syrup

Lime juice, preferably fresh

Cayenne Pepper

Cilantro Leaves

Kosher Salt

Toss the carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, stock, herbs and butter (or coconut milk) together and mix well in a large pot. Bring to a boil and let the butter melt into the stock, about ten minutes, until the liquid thickens. Keep stirring it, then add the rest of the ingredients. When the broth has boiled down and the potatoes are soft, mash everything until smooth.

Top with a pinch of salt, cilantro leaves, and extra lime juice of desired and serve hot.

Warning: It can get very spicy - you can omit the cayenne if you like.

Last edited by fleetfish; 02-16-2014 at 06:41 PM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #323 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sounds very good and healthy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #324 
AmbiantNight

When ever I make Indian Tacos I always use this Fry Bread recipe. It's my favorite. I will also make it when I have a bunch of kids over. Keeps them busy for some time munching.

1/2 cup butter milk
1/2 almond milk
1tsp sea salt
2+cups flour

On stove heat your favorite frying oil over medium to medium high heat. You can leave your oil working while you make the dough.

Combine your milks and salt in a large sturdy bowl. With dough hooks beat in 1 cup of flower. Beat till smooth. Continue to mix in flour 1/4 cup at a time beating till smooth each time till dough comes away from hooks and is lightly tacky to touch.

With floured hands take 2 tbl of dough and press between hands stretching into rough disks. Different thicknesses will create different flavors and effects. I leave mine 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Put your dough disk into your oil. Flip your disk when the underside becomes golden in color. Remove and drain on paper towels when both sides are golden. This only takes about minute on each side.

If your not making tacos these are also great with some pudding and berries or even just plain. Kids love them and it's a great group activity. Flour the kids hands and have them make their own dough disks to keep them busy for 30 minutes or more.
AmbiantNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #325 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love Indian fry bread! It reminds me of sopaipillas. Years ago I went to a Native American gathering just down the street from me at a park. I went with 2 idiot neighbors who were actually making fun of Native American dances. They got dirty looks. I could have died from the embarrassment.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #326 
AmbiantNight

Well it takes all types in this world. Sorry your neighbors were acting so rude.
AmbiantNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #327 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's fine. I'll never see them again anyway. Lol
Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #328 
shyanne

Thumbs up Better than "Anything" cake..

This isnt my recipe but I've made it and its really good!
Name:  better-than-sex-cake-11-600.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  33.4 KB

INGREDIENTS:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
8 ounces Cool Whip
-1 cup Heath toffee bits

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.

2. Remove the cake from the oven and immediately poke holes all over the top using either the bottom of a wooden spoon, a skewer or a fork.

3. In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce, then slowly drizzle the mixture all over the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

4. Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cake, top with the Heath toffee bits and refrigerate again for 1 hour. Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.

( http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2013/0...x-cake-recipe/ )
shyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #329 
fleetfish

Another really easy leftover potato recipe! This one ... well ... there were some boiled cold taters in the fridge from last night. There was also a head of cauliflower. I love both mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower (actually any roasted veggie, but cauliflower is my fave) soooo .... I decided to mix them up.

- Boil some potatoes and mash them with butter/marg, salt, pepper, and milk.
- See "Glorious Roasted Cauliflower" somewhere in an earlier post on this thread.

When the cauliflower is nice and roasted and brown, mash it into the potatoes. I added a little bit of parmesan cheese and garlic powder to the mix (was too lazy to roast the garlic, but that would add a whole new level of deliciousness).

Mash like you've never mashed before! Add some fresh herbs, more cheese, fried onions, balsamic vinegar, whatever you like.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #330 
myexplodingcat

I am one of *those* people who can manage to make a salad kind of unhealthy, and this happens to be the last thing I ate as well.

Truth is, I like eating food that's basically good for you... and a lot of it. So, yeah.

Ingredients:

- Like half a bag of lettuce

- Chunks of ham (lunch meat, pre-cooked boneless ham, whatever)

- Cheese. Brie is a-ma-zing in this, but cheddars are excellent too, especially the imported Kerrygold cheddars. I'm lucky enough to live in Iowa, so Maytag Blue is a distinct contender as well.

- Tons and tons of Italian salad dressing. Like... tons.

- A hunk of French bread (to mop up the Italian dressing in the bottom of the bowl). I'm serious about my Italian dressing and not afraid to get cross-cultural with my bread. ;)

- Any other vegetables you might wanna throw in--snow peas, cherry tomatoes, peppers, etc.

- Any fruits you might want to throw in--apples, pears, cherries, whatever, as long as it tastes good with the vinegar dressing. Apples are really nice, especially Cortland or Fuji apples--really nice and crispy, sweet white flesh. (Again: Iowa. Apples grow like crazy here.)

- If you're in a weird mood? Goldfish crackers. I will not apologize for this.

--------------------------

Throw it all together, except the French bread. Go back for seconds and maybe thirds.

Yes, I'm a teenager... how did you guess? Albeit one who likes Brie cheese, and I think that earns me a little credit at least.

--------------------------

If you want a more serious recipe, I can make some absolutely *boss* French Onion soup using this recipe, which is on my blog and has some pictures and stuff in it even.

http://myexplodingcat.com/?p=2476
myexplodingcat is offline   Reply With Quote