Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #21 
Maryrox247

Im so sorry about Tango! *BIG HUG!* Was he from wal-mart? If so it is THEIR fault not yours! Wal-mart bettas are not known for a long life. My advice would be to get your water tested and fix the perimeters if needed. Then get a new member of the family! And i know how losing a fish feels so here is another hug! *HUGE HUG* Hey alien is 12? I'm 13! Welcome to the club of awesomeness alien! lol
Old 06-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #22 
RobinK

My daughter just turned 13...within 2 weeks I could see she wasn't taking care of her pretty blue Delta so I brought her tank upstairs from her bedroom, with the rest so I could take care of them. I can see her writing this stuff like you dear Alien...and not having a clue what any of us are talking about. Maybe wait a few years. Hugs from me too.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #23 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrox247 View Post
Im so sorry about Tango! *BIG HUG!* Was he from wal-mart? If so it is THEIR fault not yours! Wal-mart bettas are not known for a long life.
This is really not true...
I've had fish one of my fish from Walmart live for months before he died and it wasn't even due to health. He jumped into the other side of the divider and fought with my other fish. He even had popeye and fin rot when I got him and was in a cup with rotting plants and dirty water.
Yes, some Walmarts are horrible with fish, but that doesn't mean all are. Mine have since improved when I got my walmart rescue. So much so it's hard to choose which store (Petsmart, Walmart or Petco) has the best fish care. They're all excellent these days.
My new guy Ty is from Walmart as well and he's healthy and active.
I feel like some people blame the stores because it's an easy out...
Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #24 
Maryrox247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
This is really not true...
I've had fish one of my fish from Walmart live for months before he died and it wasn't even due to health. He jumped into the other side of the divider and fought with my other fish. He even had popeye and fin rot when I got him and was in a cup with rotting plants and dirty water.
Yes, some Walmarts are horrible with fish, but that doesn't mean all are. Mine have since improved when I got my walmart rescue. So much so it's hard to choose which store (Petsmart, Walmart or Petco) has the best fish care. They're all excellent these days.
My new guy Ty is from Walmart as well and he's healthy and active.
I feel like some people blame the stores because it's an easy out...
I was just talking about walmart in general im sure many wal marts take good care of their bettas I didnt mean to offend you.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #25 
SaylorKennedy

I know, but in other threads Alienbetta1 tried to say that it was Walmart's fault and it's been said that her bettas all looked healthy then suddenly died so in this case, it's not Walmart.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #26 
RobinK

I know Saylor, I mean honestly everyone, how do any of us know what these fish go thru before they even get to the stores?! The fact that they survive shipping at all amazes me (especially here in Alaska).
Old 06-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #27 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrox247 View Post
Im so sorry about Tango! *BIG HUG!* Was he from wal-mart? If so it is THEIR fault not yours! Wal-mart bettas are not known for a long life. My advice would be to get your water tested and fix the perimeters if needed. Then get a new member of the family! And i know how losing a fish feels so here is another hug! *HUGE HUG* Hey alien is 12? I'm 13! Welcome to the club of awesomeness alien! lol
Thanks.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #28 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I hear you but when I post something you say I not listen.I bought a heater and 3 betta books.
Closed Thread