Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #11 
Adastra

The hydor minis are rip-offs in my opinion. Depending on the ambient temperature of the room they don't get hot enough, and they don't keep the temperature stable. They also break really easily and if you accidentally leave them out of water while they're plugged in, they crack. I had these before I upgraded to the adjustable heater--I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on them.

Also the aquarium linked to this thread is--ew. You could easily get a much larger aquarium for that price, and it's poorly designed and too small to house a betta permanently--bettas kept in tanks that small often develop neurotic behaviors such as tail biting and glass surfing, become obese, and die from ammonia poisoning.

Last edited by Adastra; 06-22-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #12 
RobinK

They do get really hot if you leave them out of the aquarium and they are still plugged in...duh! REALLY hot.

I haven't had any problems with mine so just check around - Google it and read reviews and decide what works best for you and what you can afford.
RobinK is offline   Reply With Quote