Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #11 
Dead Sunlight

Whoa... Now that is just weird!!! It said that changes usually happen over a period of weeks, but Dead Sunlight had no major color changes-just white-tipped fins. Now the thing I don't understand is why Dead Sunlight isn't changing even though I've had him for a while...

P.S- He isn't very old
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

Isn't he from a pet store? Its impossible to know how old he is unless you got him direct from a breeder. It could be marbling or it could just be damaged ventrals are growing back.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #13 
Dead Sunlight

Maybe... Although I heard if they are damaged, once restored, they will return to their normal color... They're still white for two weeks now!!! There is a slight chance that he may be marbling, although I don't think because there are no visible changes in color... I'll post pictures... The thing is that I don't know how to!!! Can someone teach me? Is it possible to do through a Blackberry?
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #14 
1fish2fish

Not always. Many times the fins will grow back white or even clear if the damage was significant. I have a tail biter who's tail grows back in clear because he has bitten it so much.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #15 
LucyLoofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Not always. Many times the fins will grow back white or even clear if the damage was significant. I have a tail biter who's tail grows back in clear because he has bitten it so much.
Mine was sick (maybe?) when I got him. He's healing from a serious fin rot incident.
His ventral tips were white to begin with (part of the reason his name is Patriot Red-coat the 8th) but when his caudle fin grew back in it was clear. I think 1f2f and Adastra are right. This is probably just fin growth. Whether he was previously sick or he is just growing older.
I think he's fine as long as it's not fuzzy or anything.
Just to make sure, though, keep his water very, very clean.
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote