Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #1 
mysquishy

Orphaned mice

I have officially gone nuts. I saved a huge nest of baby mice late last night. Their mother was dead in there with them. There are a lot of them and it is a lot of work. I am feeding them with a medicine dropper thing and I will be searching for a foster mom for them in the meantime. Their eyes are still closed and they have a tiny bit of hair growing in. Pic time!!

mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #2 
beta novice

aww how adorable
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #3 
doggyhog

They are so cute.. I love mice so much!!! Unfortunately, so do my cats.. If you know what I mean. LOL

Good luck raising them! Keep us updated with pics!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #4 
mysquishy

I am searching for a wildlife rehab or a foster mama mouse right now. Wish me luck!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Hmm... I don't think a foster mama would work D: Rodents are known to eat their own babies, so I highly doubt they would refrain from eating someone ELSE'S babies. You could try, but I'd think the odds aren't very high ): Sorry. Still, I'll wish you good luck. There are always cases where they can pull through, despite the odds.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #6 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Hmm... I don't think a foster mama would work D: Rodents are known to eat their own babies, so I highly doubt they would refrain from eating someone ELSE'S babies. You could try, but I'd think the odds aren't very high ): Sorry. Still, I'll wish you good luck. There are always cases where they can pull through, despite the odds.
Well, while doing research I read that people can try it so I thought it might be worth a try but I do agree with you. I just need to find someone to help out with them because I have never dealt with anything like this before and there are 12 of them!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #7 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I saved baby mice that to and my parents though I was crazy all the mice lived and I released them back into the wild.=)I see them some times they come and beg for food.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #8 
mysquishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbetta1 View Post
I did that to and my parents though I was crazy all the mice lived and I released them back into the wild.=)I see them some times they come and beg for food.
Did they still have their eyes closed when you found them? How many did you find? What did you feed them? Sorry about all the questions but I am just new to this kind of thing. They have been eating soy milk for now since it is what I found on many sites while researching. I need to get to a store or vet and get puppy formula or something like that. Some of them are eating very well and others not as well but they eat a little. They are so cute. some seem a lot smaller than others also.

Oh and I found a wildlife rehab place not too far maybe about 45 minutes to an hour away from where I live. I am going to contact them today. There was another one but they ONLY care for cayotes and bears.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #9 
Alienbetta1
Banned

There eyes where closed and I feed them warm whole milk with sugar.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #10 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I found 6.Since your new to this don't get to upset if a couple of em die.I used to breed mice I had alot of em and a mother rejected the babies but I saved them there where 4 but only 2 lived and that happen before I ever had to take care of babies by my self.