Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #1 
beta novice

babies

i have alot of guppie babies what can i do with them i also think i have some dalmation mollies a solid black one and some other kind of fish any ideas what i should do with them i already have two guppies with orangish blueish coloring to them and plan on keeping those
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I raise guppies for my Bettas, guppy fry that are healthy and gut loaded are a wonderful live food and it also provides exercise and helps to fight boredom by stimulating their hunting instinct.

I use my female guppy tank to put my male in after spawning for free range feeding on fry and I use it for my female Bettas too for conditioning along with other live food.

However, if you don't like feeding live foods(fry) to your Bettas and that okay in my book, I know some people can't do that, you can try trading your extra fry to the LFS for store credit, but be aware if they are not special they may be used as feeders.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #3 
beta novice

right i do know this i gave some of my platies to a lfs and they were bought by other people thank goodness
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #4 
Maryrox247

i breed guppies and am attempting to breed platies. You could give me the fry! Ha ha just joking although i do love them they are so cute! Well besides giving to the lfs you could find some friends or family that would want them,and like oldfishlady said you could feed them to your bettas as a treat (thats how i cull sickly fry) other than that you could place them on aquabid once they grow up.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 
beta novice

i would consider that i need to know how much i should sell them or w/e
Old 06-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #6 
Maryrox247

Well i would wait until they get their colors and are big enough before you sell them. I normally price mine according to how colorful they are and how nice the finnage is. Ex. gray/black female with average finnage = 2$ Pale (not white but no pigment on body. Not albino) female= 5$ Male with red/yellow/purple/hint of black/green.( i have one but i am not selling him) and big finnage= 8$
You get the idea but thats how i do it.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #7 
beta novice

ok so far there in the tadopleish stage idk how that is but how much should i charge for shipping what do i ship them in etc?