Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #1 
Terranariko

Not eating anymore.

Bruteroot doesn't want to eat anymore for some reason...he's active, and he goes for the food, but when he starts eating it he spits it out...

I've tryed cutting the pellets in half, soaking em a bit to try and soften them. but he still doesn't want to eat them he just chews and spits em out but...he use to eat them before no problem...D=

He seems to have lost some color as well...it's freaking me out because I just did a 50% water change yesterday and his water is as clean as berry's but I really don't think it's the water, since it's warm enough, and clean enough.

I'll keep looking for more weird things but I really find it weird he just stopped eating yesterday before the water change...

does anyone know what might be happening? the water seems fine, as well as his food...maybe somethings wrong with his jaw? D=

Edit: he just ate a pellet but a small one and he had trouble eating from what I could see. D=

here's some pictures, I dunno if I'm just paranoid or if he's just still adjusting...I have no idea...

Last edited by Terranariko; 06-25-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #2 
Adastra

Some fish are very picky about what they eat, he does look a bit pale to me, though. Did you just get him recently? It seems like he had a tail injury or fin rot issues since his all his fins seem shorter than they should be and the tail particularly shows of obvious regrowth--the black edges may just be coloration since he has a black pineapple pattern--but to be on the safe side I would make an extra effort to keep the water clean.

Hopefully we can rule out ammonia burns--How large is his container and how often do you normally change the water? Do you have a test kit? Is the tank heated? What is the temperature?
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #3 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Some fish are very picky about what they eat, he does look a bit pale to me, though. Did you just get him recently? It seems like he had a tail injury or fin rot issues since his all his fins seem shorter than they should be and the tail particularly shows of obvious regrowth--the black edges may just be coloration since he has a black pineapple pattern--but to be on the safe side I would make an extra effort to keep the water clean.

Hopefully we can rule out ammonia burns--How large is his container and how often do you normally change the water? Do you have a test kit? Is the tank heated? What is the temperature?
it's not the water, or the temperature like I said, I did just get him, and his fins being so messed is from the petshop, he got into another tank and was ripped up really badly.

I think he was just being weird...he seems to be eating now, maybe he just was busy doing something else and wasn't conserned about food? I dunno...he seems to be good now.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote