Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
Ok so my mom told me if I change his water alot it would stress him out, and I only use salt if he had parasites which he doesnt. so I am really confused
On one hand you have short term stress from a water changes and if done correctly it should not cause too much stress...

On the other hand-from no water changes/treatment- you have stress from ammonia, bad bacteria build up, injury that can progress to bacterial infection...all of which are more stressful and lowers immunity

Aquarium Salt is not just for parasites, short term use in the correct dosage can be very effective for treatments and less stressful than OTC medication.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #12 
Jakr959

Wow thats alot of cons if I listen to my mom, then again she was the one that said they live in tiny wud puddles, in fact I told her about the klongs and she said "well whatdo you think happens when a drought comes by and the water get rly low?" she cant take it that shes wrong. Im going to listen to you guys. oh and Akrins getting better! alot of his fin is healed. all thats left is his anal fin which was the worst
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #13 
Jakr959

oh and she wont let me breed my bettas downstairs, she said "theres no way your having water on carpet" I said put a peice of plastic under the stuff. she said nope, so I wont be breeding for awhile
Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #14 
mjbn

Well define "alot". If its in an unfiltered tank, you would have to change it alot almost on a dialy basis depending on your tank size. but yes, listen to the advice that they all are giving^^^
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #15 
Jakr959

its filtered and its a 1G And soon to lvlinup to a 3G
Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #16 
Sarada

Listen to Oldfishlady, my fish had damage from his plants at one time and her advice worked.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #17 
Dead Sunlight

As for declorinator, I recommend Jungle: COMPLETE WATER CONDITIONER. It's a great water declorinater that also promotes the healing of wounds and infection. Don't forget the saltbaths and daily water changes- I have a male who has had half of his tail bitten off (Aggresive female) and is almost completly healed up!!!
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #18 
Sarada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
Wow thats alot of cons if I listen to my mom, then again she was the one that said they live in tiny wud puddles, in fact I told her about the klongs and she said "well whatdo you think happens when a drought comes by and the water get rly low?" she cant take it that shes wrong. Im going to listen to you guys. oh and Akrins getting better! alot of his fin is healed. all thats left is his anal fin which was the worst

Ask her how she survives when the economy sucks? (She lives but life is a lot better when the economy is thriving.)
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin damage, medicen, plastic plant