Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #101 
Kitty88

About half a gallon, but he's actually going to move into his five gallon very soon, I just want to let the filter run beforeputting him in. Should I get the nutrafin tropical water conditioner instead of the betta plus conditioner? It seems silly to use capfuls and capfuls of this conditioner instead of a drop per gallon.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #102 
Sarada

I'm sure both work. Where I live supplies are limited, I have a choice between nutrafin and nutrafin.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #103 
Wolfheart96

My new Betta Red (althogh he is mostly purple) is loseing color and im very worred about him plz help
Old 06-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #104 
PwnCho

Talking Thank you

I've joined this site recently, as I was concerned about the well-being of my first beta fish, Mistuhr Fishy (unimaginative name, I know, my apologies). Many sites I've checked told me to keep the water at "room temperature", but unfortunately did not specify a temperature range - some rooms may be a bit warmer/colder than others and I wasn't sure of what room temperature actually was besides being a temperature in a room. ^^; I've recently noticed that his tail is curling at the tip and is a little frayed/torn looking, hopefully by removing the cloth plant it won't get worse and will be back to its usual state. :3 Thanks for the useful info!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #105 
RandomFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCho View Post
I've joined this site recently, as I was concerned about the well-being of my first beta fish, Mistuhr Fishy (unimaginative name, I know, my apologies). Many sites I've checked told me to keep the water at "room temperature", but unfortunately did not specify a temperature range - some rooms may be a bit warmer/colder than others and I wasn't sure of what room temperature actually was besides being a temperature in a room. ^^; I've recently noticed that his tail is curling at the tip and is a little frayed/torn looking, hopefully by removing the cloth plant it won't get worse and will be back to its usual state. :3 Thanks for the useful info!
LOL! That's such a cute name. My first betta was named Fishie.

"Room temperature" is probably about 76 degrees, but the optimal temperature for bettas is about 78-82 degrees. It's important to keep the temperature of the water as stable as possible.

I'm not sure what's up with his tail so hopefully someone else can help you with that. If you decide to medicate him, please use Bettafix rather than Melafix because Melafix is dangerous to anabantoids like bettas.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #106 
alx

thanks for the usefull post

My girl and i just got a betta his name is Zep, we had him a 1/2 gallon tank for a week but decided to change him to a 2.5 gal tank and are trying to make his life a happy life... have been searching day and night about betta info but information available has too much contrast so i decided to register and join this community.

thanks for that sticky.. its great

All the best
alx
Old 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #107 
BettiBetta

Hello, I'm new here and I want to also say thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this very informative betta care sticky! I am a new betta owner and I lOVE them! I wanted a pet and so I got a bowl and betta and food from the pet store and he wouldn't eat. I was so frustratd and went back tothe store and asked for help and all they said was "If he dies bring him back for a refund!" Pet shop people know next to nothing about bettas! so glad I found this forum!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #108 
dramaqueen
Banned

We're glad to have you! Welcome!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #109 
frogipoi

Everyone! Don't you think Aurora is cute? Check his poll.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #110 
reptileboy

im confused. what is a sorority with females?
Closed Thread