Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #11 
doggyhog

http://www.google.com/products?clien...ed=0CEoQrQQwAg

A whole list of places to get 25W visi therm stealth. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #12 
newfiedragon

I have the Tetra heater in my tank and it worked great...until I needed to turn off my filter due to worries with my fish and the current. Then it started to go down to about 72-74F. The problem was that I didn't have any water flow in the tank. Also, the heater was on the opposite side from the thermometer. So the water was heating up around the heater, which would then cause it to shut off, but the water on the other side of the tank wasn't getting heated because there was no water circulation. I moved the heater to the middle of the tank on the back and it seemed to be heating all of the water correctly after that. I also have a new filter, which gives the water some circulation.

My tank is a 2.65g Marina tank, btw. :D
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #13 
akjadestar

I just don't think it's a very good heater. I had it in my 3 gallon, it was pretty warm at first, but then it only heated up the water to like, 74 degrees, except for when it was cooking hot outside
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #14 
mjbn

yeah, i did a test on it. I filled a big bowl wit hwater and ice then let the temp drop to like 56 defreese. Then i put the heater in, raised it to 76 and turned off. I then put a little more ice to see at what temp it turns back on. Does around 72-73 degrees. That's not very consistant to me. Big difference between 78 degrees and 72 degrees.... My heater is right next to the intake of the filter as well, but it doesn't continuously heat the water throughout the day. it just turns on once, heats, then turns off until a HUGE drop in temp happens.. I can't work with that:/
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #15 
wallywestisthebest333

Yeah my heater currently has this problem I'm gonna do a test in my 5 gallon though because my house's temp is constant so hopefully if I keep my filter on and the water circulating my heater will be good enough. If not I'm gonna get a 25 watt Visi Stealth heater from http://www.petblvd.com. It's REALLY cheap there and I just got my SafeStart from them in the mail, which got here ok and in a timely manner. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #16 
mjbn

Theres a hydor adjustable theo heater for 16.99. Also the visi-therm and stealth heaters are both 17.99. Pretty good price. only thing is that 8.99 is the shipping. But up side is that it stays 8.99 so if you order there, order everything you need, because the shipping is gonna be the same no matter how much you get.
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...ps/c/3578/3743
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #17 
wallywestisthebest333

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbn View Post
Theres a hydor adjustable theo heater for 16.99. Also the visi-therm and stealth heaters are both 17.99. Pretty good price. only thing is that 8.99 is the shipping. But up side is that it stays 8.99 so if you order there, order everything you need, because the shipping is gonna be the same no matter how much you get.
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...ps/c/3578/3743
DUDE I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!
This store is awesome thanks for the link! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #18 
mjbn

Haha np! make sure you really get everything thouhg, so you wont have to order there again!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #19 
vilmarisv

Need new heaters too bc I have the Thetra
It's ok during the day since we have 100 degree water but at night the water temps drops down when the A/C is on.
Will this work for 2.5 gals?
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #20 
vilmarisv

Terribly sorry for the double post.

Ok. So, I see you CAN use these for the 2.5gal!
I found them pretty nicely prized at entirelypets.com
Each heater $17.69+ shipping (for 2) $4.95 -10% off (weekend special)=$36.79...
That's $18.40 per heater! not bad, huh?
No I only wish i could still return my other heaters.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote