Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Having a hard time

Just venting.

It seems ever since I moved my fish to my parents house I've had nothing but problems.

Damon and Blue Jeans aren't looking so good. I can't put my finger on it but something just seems wrong with them. They aren't too lethargic or anything but they just seem.. I dunno.. listless? They also seem thin but I don't think they have parasites.

Today I noticed Sid has Ich, I think. He has big white spots on him (only a few). He seems fine otherwise and I'm setting up my hospital tank to treat him. Then just now I noticed Demetri seems to have Ich.. although his white spots are smaller and more dust like whereas Sid's look like salt granules. Now I have to treat Demetri's entire tank because he shares a divided tank with Chaos and Phoebe. Neither of them seem to have ich though.

Since Phoebe has to be treated for ich for two weeks that means I can't set up my sorority next week like I had planned.

Rio is really sad I took him from his fry. I'm going to try giving him some aquarium salt and putting him next to a girlfriend to see if he perks up.

Merlin is looking better but I'm still afraid he might get sick again.

Eros has horrible fin rot. I'm treating with aquarium salt and he's looking better but so far no fin regrowth.

The girls (Nancy, Jaffa, Aurora, and Ada) are all fine thankfully but are now going to be stuck in their small tanks until Phoebe is out of QT. I have one more adopted girl (Annabel Lee) who will be arriving next week who will also have to stay in a little tank for a while.

Neptune is a tail biter and currently I have him in a 1 gallon to try to see if I can get his tail to start growing. I'm going to try putting him next to a girl to see if he forgets about his tail. He seems happy though.

On the bright side, Freddie, Alexander, and Zorro are all doing great. I found out that Alexander is actually a delta and not a VT which is awesome (especially since I only paid $2 for him) and Zorro has colored up and is really beautiful. My babies are getting bigger everyday.

I'm just going to try to keep everyone's water as clean as possible and start mixing their pellets with garlic like I used to do. I'm not feeling overwhelmed per se.. more that I wish the fish could just be happy and healthy. It sucks having so many fish be sick at once.

/vent
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #2 
MangoTart

Awww I wish I could help you. :( If only fish problems were easier to diagnose/fix. ><

Though they're supportive, none of my friends are into fish keeping etc. so I'm on my own most of the time. @_@ It doesn't help either that most employees at local pet stores (*cough* petco) know little to nothing about the animals they're selling. Anyways, I hope both you and your fish feel better. :<
MangoTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #3 
doggyhog

I know how you feel!!! With having so many bettas it's easy to start to feel that way.. Take a deep breath and stay calm... As I say, Stress gets you no where in life.

Keep going it'll get better!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Thanks guys :)

I'm not really stressed, its more just like "oh man.. not you TOO" LOL. It seems like everyone is sick or that so many are sick that I'm not spending enough time with everyone.

Luckily I think I have someone who is interested in taking Merlin, despite his health issues, which is great because the boy really does deserve more attention than I can give him at the moment.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, I hope everyone gets better!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I know exactly how you feel. I've had a series of bad luck this month myself, both my collection and me. I have lost ... perhaps about 80% of everything, crayfish, livebearers and bettas.

I hope you don't loose your beauties.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #7 
Alexanderismylife

I hope they all start acting normal and getting better! :[ Having sick bettas is like haveing sick kids lol! No fun at all :[ Best of luck!!
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote