Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #1 
DollyGirl

Unhappy My Betta max is very ill, he will not eat or swim right HELP!

My max is not looking good at all!, he had ich around 4-5 days ago and it seem to go away dont see any whitespots on him, its just that he will not eat or swim he is very sluggish and sickly, when he does swim its very off balance, he lays down on the gravel on hes side, sometimes half of hes body floats upward and the other half downward, i cleaned out hes tank 5 days ago, and before he gotten ich i thought he was constipated, now i dont no if he has swim bladder disorder he has not even made any droppings, i try feeding him a pea 5 days ago he wouldnt even look at it, he will not even tempt to put food in hes mouth i keep hes tank around 78-80 degrees, hes just hanging by threads holding for dear life, and i am here just looking at him and praying everyday hes not gonna die please help me with your guidance it will be very much appreciated. thanks
DollyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

It does sound like swim bladder disorder. Keep the water super clean, lower the water level so he can get to the surface easily, and add some aquarium salt to your conditioned water when you change it (1tsp. per gallon).

Good luck.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote