Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #31 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Nature View Post
Congrats! I went to Texas A&M and took classes in the pre-vet curriculum. But got married, had babies and ended up not finishing. Later I got my Registered Nurse degree. Vet med is a very difficult journey so hats off to you.

Thanks Oh yes Pre-Vet was your program 2 years? I took my full degree rather than the 2 years because I am really nerdy I did my first activity at the university today even though I am not actually a student yet, it was very exciting but it introduced me to how much work it'll be. I was there for 5 hours helping the older students with cat spays and neuters

Do you enjoy being a nurse? Are you glad you went that route? A nurse sounds like it would also be a pretty challenging job.
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #32 
ThePearlFish

cat neuters were always my favorite surgeries to sit in at at the vet's I worked at cus they always went so fast :P

I once saw the dr. operate on a dog with an almost volleyball sized mass from the chest once, that was pretty cool.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 PM   #33 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
cat neuters were always my favorite surgeries to sit in at at the vet's I worked at cus they always went so fast :P

I once saw the dr. operate on a dog with an almost volleyball sized mass from the chest once, that was pretty cool.

Oh my gosh I know eh they do it in like literally minutes. However, I was helping to assist students who were learning so it would take like 30 minutes maybe for males and one spay took 4 hours...So I had to moniter her heart rate and breathing for that long which was fun, but after awhile the stethoscope gets hard on the ears. We had to use anesthetic machines that are not alarmed or have screens. We have to learn how to depend on our own instincts rather then the relying always on machines before we learn those ones.

oh wow that sounds intense, but yea pretty darn cool...though poor doggie I watched a cancerous tumor get removed once it was so gorey all the vessels that feed them.

How long have you volunteered for?
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 PM   #34 
ThePearlFish

well, I worked as an uncertified vet tech (for pay), but did all the vet tech duties that I could do. I got to help out in my dog's Sx, that was kinda cool too :P I have actually seen some pretty diverse procedures, though it was only a small practice
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #35 
MangoTart

Congrats!! ^^ That must be really exciting news :)
I wanted to be a vet at one point :<
I think I'm gonna drop out of med school and be an entomologist or ichthyologist U_U
MangoTart is offline   Reply With Quote