Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #1 
Sabina88

Photo Contest

So I decided that im going to enter a photo contest, and ive narrowed it down to 7. The basic contest is photos of places, people or things "made in America". I was wondering if I could get your opinion on your favorite or which one's you like.
Hope you enjoy:
Name:  IMG_2364.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  48.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2451.jpg
Size:  26.4 KB
Name:  IMG_2748.jpg
Size:  43.0 KB
Name:  IMG_2749.jpg
Size:  41.3 KB
Name:  IMG_3162.jpg
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  IMG_3281.jpg
Size:  13.1 KB
Name:  IMG_3283.jpg
Size:  82.8 KB
Sabina88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #2 
BettaGeek

The last one is my favorite. it's different. Great texture & contrast of color. I would deff dwnld it as a wallpaper if were on my phone. They are all nice pics though.
BettaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #3 
16kehresmann

I love the last one as well. :) and the rock cave one. You are quite the photographer!
16kehresmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #4 
Sabina88

Thank you very much :)
My favorite at the moment is the second to last one, but I still cant decide lol
Thanks for your impute/opinions
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

1) Nice shot with a good use of negative space. The problem is that there are two subjects- IMO it would have been more effective if it was JUST the man walking or JUST the cyclist. Love the mood the picture creates though.
2) The flower should be in focus- that should be a priority when doing macro photography or close ups. I would also have used rule of thirds, it works well in a lot of photos and is important when doing shots like that.
3) Good photo, it's just a bit difficult to figure out exactly what's going on. The contrast between the white snow and darker shades is great, and makes for a good picture.
4) This one's really similar to 3, but I prefer this. The brook or stream or whatever it is takes up space well and provides some texture and action, and the snow in the top third adds some depth and interest.
5) Love his one. The green moss and the brown cave works well together, and the shadow and reflection make it a really interesting shot. The only downside is that the face of the rock is overexposed, but you might be able to fiddle around and fix that in Photoshop if you have it.
6) Love this one too- if the seagull was in focus (which it should be, as the subject) it would be even better (but I know how hard it is to focus on moving creatures!)
7) Great texture and the reflection off the sun makes it simple but beautiful.

So yea... Just a novice here but I know some stuff pertaining to composition and what makes a nice photo. I think you have some pretty good talent, good luck on the contest.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #6 
Sabina88

Thanks for all the imput evey one :)
I think I've narowed it down to 2, 4, 6 and 7
So which one if your favorite out of these ?

Last edited by Sabina88; 03-07-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #7 
Sabina88

So I finally got around to sending in the photo to the contest. I ended up choosing the last one (.7)

The "prompt" was Send us your best shot of a person, place, or thing that's been MADE IN AMERICA. And surprise us! While a picture of the Grand Canyon or a Louisville Slugger is great, one of a gorgeous, never-before-seen, only-in-America Alabama lily is even better. Please include a detailed note about why you chose your photo.

My answer to "Why you chose this photo": This photo was taken at Ogunquit Beach Maine in summer. I chose this because it was taken in a place where many people’s foot prints have crossed paths and converged, and has now been filled in by the oceans waves. It was memories of peoples summer days trapped in sun.

I actually had a hard time writing this, I couldn't think of what to say, and when I did it was to long to fit (there was a word limit)