Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #11 
FloridaBettas239

It would be better if it was like one of those 10 dollar 1 gallon tanks that have a under gravel filter my friend bought one from walmart came with air pump a little hood with a light and the under gravel filter but at the same time a 10 gallon tank is only 13 dollars so thats what i like to put mine in i went to lowes and bought a big sheet of plexi glass and a cutter then cut lids out for each tank and cut some dividers for my 10 gallon breeding tanks so for like 15 to 18 dollars each betta can be in a 10 gallon tank i pay more for my bettas then the tanks lol but i like them in 10 gallon tanks i have never had a sick betta knock on wood i have never had any problems it allows me to do water changes once a week so its not a full time job taking care of them everyday
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #12 
JKfish

1 gallon is fine, but 2.5 is recommended because the 2.5 gallon tanks are large enough to hold a heater for the water, which is essential for the well being of your betta. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote