Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #11 
Jakr959

jones, yeah my keybord is crappy, when I try to type a v it either puts vb or nothing, also I type really fast and I some times spell things wrong
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #12 
1fish2fish

I'm with TPF.

I'm spiritual but I don't follow one religion. If you ever take early civilization in college you will find out that ALL major religions are centered around insanely similar stories. Stories like Noah's Ark, David and Goliath, etc... they aren't original to Christianity by any stretch of the imagination.

Instead of trying to be spiritual maybe start with being moral. There are things in each religion that I feel are morally wrong, which I won't discuss here. I choose what I believe is right or true and go from their.

I think its important to have faith. Faith in something whether its God or Science or Mother Nature.. having faith can pull you through some really tough times.

Also, religion is not something you just "try out", you have to dedicate yourself to practicing it and you MUST believe in what you are practicing.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #13 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Instead of trying to be spiritual maybe start with being moral. There are things in each religion that I feel are morally wrong, which I won't discuss here. I choose what I believe is right or true and go from their.

I think its important to have faith. Faith in something whether its God or Science or Mother Nature.. having faith can pull you through some really tough times.
this is kinda what I believe in.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #14 
Jakr959

I've decided to go with a philosophy, I call it bettism. on another thread I was talking about all the stuff here and Aurelia came up with it, and this is how it goes. The Bettism Philosophy is to To live one's life to the fullest, love everyday, wiggle around for treats, and don't take crap from anyone...even yourself in a mirror, in other words, To live one's life to the fullest, love everyday, have fun and live life as it was ment to be lived, and don't take crap from anyone...even yourself.

I also believe in mother nature (no not angels) like there is masters of each elements or something, like if you anger the rain masters, a horrible storm will ravage your town. if you anger is life masters, all the plants around your house will die, if you please the fire masters (also called light masters) you will have a sunny day or something like that, I guess I just might be a little loony ;D

Last edited by Jakr959; 06-28-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #15 
metalbetta

I don't stress myself with things like religion. Too much of a burden, and all of the larger, more popular religions have become corrupt. Not worth my time IMO.

Though wiggling around for treats sounds like fun...
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #16 
shards

BETTAISM- the chirch of the betta. Lol but religion isn't a joke. I belive there is a God out there yeah he made the world but he really doesn't interact in our lives
And it sucks for me because I'm in a christan school and I belive the opposite of what theyare teaching some crap like God choices where you go so when someone goes to heaven praise him but when someone goes to hell oh all of a suden shame on there path that is PICKED BY GOD........sorry that was my rant of some of the things there teaching..........Also they shouldn't make it a manditory class I could be taking something else to get more credits............so yeah I'm done now lol (sorry about spelling its late and I'm on my phone :D.........don't tell my mom)
shards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #17 
RandomFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
I've decided to go with a philosophy, I call it bettism. on another thread I was talking about all the stuff here and Aurelia came up with it, and this is how it goes. The Bettism Philosophy is to To live one's life to the fullest, love everyday, wiggle around for treats, and don't take crap from anyone...even yourself in a mirror, in other words, To live one's life to the fullest, love everyday, have fun and live life as it was ment to be lived, and don't take crap from anyone...even yourself.
I thought you were completely joking in your other thread about this but it actually makes more sense to me personally than what most religions have evolved into.

You seem like a Buddhist though, like the "live & let live" type. I don't think you should be put off by it just because you stand out.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #18 
Jakr959

shards , I hear ya. I went to a cathlic school for 5 years, first years I was scared out of my mind ( we were learning about hell) I am afried to even squish a bug. I was kinda brain washed but when I got into middle school (not cathlic or religious) I was back to normal.
I also agree, most popular religions are becoming corrupt, alot of people wont exept others for ther belief. also, I have thought of trying buddhism again, But I think I will go by the betta philosophy, that way I can do what eer I wish and not hae to have the burdun of religion.

Last edited by Jakr959; 06-29-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #19 
Tomsk

Believe in yourself,act in a manner thats respectful to others and yourself and enjoy & respect nature.You dont need a specific tagged religion to belong to,you just need to have your own morals and stick to them.

I hope you find your own personal fulfillment in life however/wherever you find it.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #20 
Jakr959

I already did, I go by a philosophy read the other posts