Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #1 
XrAdEr

Petco Tanks Breakable?

im planning to go to the 1 dollar per gallon sale tomorrow at petco and was wondering if anyone knows if those are cheap tanks...im really scared of tanks breaking..(will mess up the wood floors) ty in advance
XrAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #2 
LMac54

I think their tanks are all Aqueon brand tanks. Those are pretty reliable. I've got a 10gal cycling right now and I've had no problems with it yet.
LMac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #3 
mjbn

Yeah, they are pretty good tanks. Mine's just fine. I don't think they are Aqueon's though. i think mine said like "Aqua Clear" or something liek that. Walmart's selling 10G tanks for $13 though. That one's an Aqueon.
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #4 
Mudman

I just picked up a 20G Long tank from Petco yesterday. It was a fantastic deal, so much so that I may get another one!

The quality is on par with most tanks you'll come across. Except the really nice rimless tanks. Silicone work is poor, and typical for lower end tanks. I've got a Mr.Aqua rimless that you can barely see the silicone on.

But again, for the price- it's a huge bang for the buck. I would recomend it. My goal for this new tank if to have a lot of small short plants and a big piece of driftwood. Then have nothing but a bunch of shrimp.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
I just picked up a 20G Long tank from Petco yesterday. It was a fantastic deal, so much so that I may get another one!

The quality is on par with most tanks you'll come across. Except the really nice rimless tanks. Silicone work is poor, and typical for lower end tanks. I've got a Mr.Aqua rimless that you can barely see the silicone on.

But again, for the price- it's a huge bang for the buck. I would recomend it. My goal for this new tank if to have a lot of small short plants and a big piece of driftwood. Then have nothing but a bunch of shrimp.
I kinda like the large visible silicone. =] Mostly because it gives me piece of mind that it won't leak! XD That's just my personal preference though. =P

Wish I lived near a petco. =/ Oh well hopefully I will soon! =D

So you're using the WHOLE 20 long for shrimp? Are you going to start breeding them? =] That'd be super cool! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote