Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1 
Terranariko

Can you guys comment on my planted 5 gallon?

As I said I got a 5 gallon from a yard sale for 3 dollars, it was a little dusty and a little scratched up but besides that it was completely intacted, I cleaned it and filled it and planted and added some black rocks and a awesome hide. As I planed I'm getting another betta, I want a blue betta...not dark blue...like a light blue...lets say like the forum background color of blue. Unfortunately I'm not to hopeful of finding a blue betta like that around here... .-. the only way I can get a betta like that is if someone who lives near a petsmart or something like that can get one for me and send it over here for free...because like I said many times I cannot pay over the internet, or pay through mail or anything like that...so as you can see the likely hood of that is like zero...

Right like I was planing for this topic, how do you guys like the tank so far? it needs a heater and some other decor but other then that it's pretty nice I think(berry and bruteroot are jelous...but don't feel bad their tanks will be upgraded in the future). =3 And what kind of decor do you think I can put in it? I was thinking some glass pebbles since it's a theme going in all my tanks right now...which color? dunno...maybe clean/white, dull green, shiny green, dull blue, shiny blue who knows...or maybe some fabric leafs? like you know for crafts since it's like the same thing as a silk plant just in leaf form...kinda scatter that around the tank? Maybe something that floats....but what? do you guys know of any cheap-ish live floating plants that don't really grow too fast and are easy to take care of and bettas like?

Anyway heres the tank.

Name:  IMG_2186.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  110.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2187.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  117.1 KB
Name:  IMG_2188.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  96.4 KB

What do you guys think so far? reminder it's not completed... ._.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #2 
JKfish

Wow, that's great looking :D

I would send you over a light blue betta from my Petsmart (there are tons of them), I'm halfway sure my parent's would allow me to, but is it legal to send a live fish from the US to Canada?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #3 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Wow, that's great looking :D

I would send you over a light blue betta from my Petsmart (there are tons of them), I'm halfway sure my parent's would allow me to, but is it legal to send a live fish from the US to Canada?
not sure...I don't see why not..since there are both selling bettas...so it should be legal. as long as you lable the box or container or whatever you send fish in that it's just a betta fish...but I wouldn't want to ask that of you...I can't pay for the betta or shipping. And no offence but I rather have it sent by someone who knows the laws and how to send them properly so I don't end up with a dead fish apon arrival. ._.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #4 
wallywestisthebest333

D8 There are light blue bettas at your petsmart?!?!? I wish mine had some!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tank Terranariko! =D
The colors are AWESOME and the substrate is amazing! Must be super easy to clean =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #5 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
D8 There are light blue bettas at your petsmart?!?!? I wish mine had some!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your tank Terranariko! =D
The colors are AWESOME and the substrate is amazing! Must be super easy to clean =]
well...I dunno...never cleaned it yet. =D so I wouldn't know.

Also I do plan on getting a snail or two, or some shrimp or both depending...
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #6 
wallywestisthebest333

Oh! How far away do you live from the US border? I hear that most of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of it! =]

That's not too long of a drive. =]

I drive 300 miles to school. (literally. Verry bottom corner of my state to the verry tip top of the opposite corner) Takes about 5 hours drive. =] Most bettas can be taken that far in the car considering that a lot of them are airmailed anyway. =]

If you can't go to the border and arrange a pickup, or if you live far from the border then just ignore my idea though. =P
Old 07-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #7 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranariko View Post
well...I dunno...never cleaned it yet. =D so I wouldn't know.

Also I do plan on getting a snail or two, or some shrimp or both depending...
Ah. I see.

Dude how'd you know I'd ask about that? XD I LOVE shrimp and snails!!! <3 They're too cute! <3
Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #8 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Ah. I see.

Dude how'd you know I'd ask about that? XD I LOVE shrimp and snails!!! <3 They're too cute! <3
Didn't you know? I'm psychic. =3

Anyway I live in New brunswick, Bathurst...which if I can get a map here... http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=n...ed=0CBwQ8gEwAA
(long link is long to google maps)
Anyway if you can see I live in bathurst, and it's a few hours of driveing to get to the boarder...besides I can't drive. =P so it's impossible for a pick up unless you live right in bathurst. .-. so like I said the only way to get a betta like that is by mail delivery.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #9 
JKfish

Quote:
not sure...I don't see why not..since there are both selling bettas...so it should be legal. as long as you lable the box or container or whatever you send fish in that it's just a betta fish...but I wouldn't want to ask that of you...I can't pay for the betta or shipping. And no offence but I rather have it sent by someone who knows the laws and how to send them properly so I don't end up with a dead fish apon arrival. ._.
No offence taken ^.^
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

Ah well... I have no idea then. =[ Sorry.