Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #21 
rsskylight04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcondit View Post
well the life of an evil genius is a busy one, no doubt

its cool, i was 20 min late to a staff meeting today (that i lead ) due to "having to proof some lines of code..."

truth is, i was browsing threads on here...

so that you can pull yourself a way is all good
You could use the small tank to grow plants in a sunny widow, then transplant to your big tank. I do that with my ten gallon.
Shame on you for being late because of browsing TFK! I did a similar thing just last week. I teach English at Syracuse University and was scheduled to meet a student to discuss a project- got so interested in reading threads about ich that I was 15 minutes late. You should have seen the dirty look on the students face when I got there!

What size is your new tank?
Have you thought about stock?
rsskylight04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsskylight04 View Post
I teach English at Syracuse University
Oh that's so funny! I was just up a Syracuse a few weeks ago for a convention with my co-ed music Fraternity! Omg, you 'cuse with your blue and orange XD

Off topic, sorry!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #23 
Bluewind

Yea! Someone thinks I'm cool

Here is the most recommended one on here
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000255NCI]API Freshwater Master Test Kit:Amazon:Pet Supplies[/ame]
You can see it has every test that you could possibly need. Liquid tests are more accurate and last WAY longer than test strips. Plus, you get to feel like a scientist

If you can't get a kit, try to make sure you at least have the 4 most important ones for at home: pH, ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite. Make sure to get a good fert and water conditioned. I like Flourish (super concentrated, packed with all the good stuff, and lasts a very long time) and Prime (again, lasts a very long time. helps control amonia). If you go with them, make sure you pick up an eyedropper with measurements as very little is needed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
and I know waaaaay more about Doctor Who than most people think is normal
And obligatory thumbs up for whovians!! Yay for us whovians who know way more than we should XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #25 
gcondit

Post Follow Up:

Thank you to EVERYONE for your thoughts on my original post.

Here is what's went down since this post started...and how it turned out:

I ended up taking the 1.5gal back to Petsmart...and getting a 5.5 gal tank. Long story, but I came home and the 1.5gal was at 60 degrees!!! I freaked, determined my heater was too small and went to buy a larger one. They only had 50w and that was too big for the small tank...so I opted to just get a larger tank...

Deuce LOVES the room...he swims all over the tank CONSTANTLY. I almost want to put him in a larger tank...but we shall see...dude likes to swim!

One side note, thank you to sandbottom for the shrimp idea. I have since also set up a 20 gal with 8 zebra danio's and some shrimp. I swear...the shrimp are the coolest part of that tank! I wish I had kept the 1.5 and made it a shrimp tank as suggested...

Anyway, thank you all for your thoughts on this!!!
gcondit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:16 AM   #26 
Bluewind

Well, the 5.5 gal is just big enough to also include a snail, a ADF, or a few shrimp! And yes, they loooooove the room. And floating plants to snuggle in.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote