Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #11 
Sathori

My husband and I just moved to a townhouse (we use to live in a small apartment). In his excitement for the new space, he exclaimed "Now you have room for all kinds of fish!!"... He regrets those words now xD
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:56 PM   #12 
PoissonsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meade View Post
I just upgraded Callisto to a 2.5 today! I have an empty 1gal now.... Well it is holding my gravel vac and the medicine. The water change bucket holds the turkey baster, the cups, and the conditioner. If I brought home another fish hubby will die.... So I can't.... I might actually get rid of it... It is all scratched....
Don't get rid of it!! Even scratched up, it can still be a good quarantine/hospital tank. I would hang on 2 it, cuz u never know when u may need it.
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #13 
PoissonsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathori View Post
My husband and I just moved to a townhouse (we use to live in a small apartment). In his excitement for the new space, he exclaimed "Now you have room for all kinds of fish!!"... He regrets those words now xD
Hahaha! My husband is dreading moving 2 our own place in the next few weeks.... He already knows I'm gonna b setting up a divided 10g for 3 of my boys, my 5g spawn tank, either a 15g or 20g grow-out tank, multitudes of jars/cups, a 10g sorority tank, my son's 1.5g goldfish tank, & Poisson's 3.5g tank!! Lol, Hawk is "his", but he doesn't feed him or do wc's, which makes him technically mine, right?
We have 2 teeny doggies & a kitty 2, so yeah... 6 fish (+ fry eventually), 3 furry 4-leggeds & 3 (soon 2 b 4) humans will make for a very busy household! It's cool tho.... We've had fish & other pets for yrs, kids on the other hand, lol
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #14 
Meade

Oh I know poissonsmom! But their 2.5s with no gravel are just as easy to me. So I really don't need it! I've used one of my 2.5s as a qt tank already!
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:49 PM   #15 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
You could turn it into a tiny little planted tank (without fish). There are some really pretty ones I've seen online.
I have tried that and horribly failed. added a fish in it about a week later. XD

What I do is force myself to keep the 1 gallon for a hospital tank and nothing more. BUT it is OH so hard!
I do have a small .5 gallon tank for my extra plants and two snails. making it too small for a betta to live in. LOL
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #16 
rebeckah

its never easy to just stop at one, when I married my husband I had one 10 gallon tank with guppies, sword fish, mollys, and coby cats, with in 18 of marriage I went from one tank to 5 total, I have a 5 gallon in my daughter room with a male batta, 2 ten in my living room with differ fish my newest seat up a 10mwith a male batta, a 30 gallon with angel fish and a 5 gallon in my own bed room with some kind of clown fish my husband found and feel in love with and I have sevel 1, 2 and 3 gallon tanks to use as breader, or for new fish or to change out full tanks which I do once a year so I say there to many little guys and girls in cups not to safe at lest two or three
rebeckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #17 
fleetfish

One does not simply leave a tank empty . . . . erm *ahem* I actually have several dozen empty 1g tanks but I hid them in the deepest, darkest corner of our basement. I haven't looked for them in seven? years. But now that you mention it ... it shouldn't hurt to dig them out again. If I'm alive after I find them, I'll see about setting them up sometime in the far future when I've got more room. Maybe convert them to planters or something, I dunno.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #18 
haveyouhadyourteayet

I can fill it with happy little fish after we move... The wait is killing me though!! I see these little guys suffering in the store, and I could save them!! But it's gonna be a PITA to move as is...

To top it off, my granny gifted me a new tank last night... ahhhhhhhh!!!!
haveyouhadyourteayet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #19 
Araielle

XD I have 2 10 gallons, a 20 long and 3 more 2 gallons that I haven't used yet. I don't really plan to, either. I guess they're my 'just in case' tanks.
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 AM   #20 
haveyouhadyourteayet

You're a monster.
haveyouhadyourteayet is offline   Reply With Quote