Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #11 
Sicklidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
Pet store employees. Zzz. Where do they find these people?

The 2.5 should do as long as you do water changes as OldFishLady described. It would be easier if you did a fishless cycle on the tank before you get your betta--I'm sure you know all about that anyway. :)

You still may want to consider upgrading later--the shape of that tank doesn't really give your betta much in the way of swimming space, and the undergravel filter will probably get annoying fast. No idea what kind of light that thing has, but if it is incandescent you should change it to fluorescent and definitely get a heater with an adjustable thermostat, such as the 25watt hydor theo.
Yea, I don't like the shape of the tank, I was thinking about that. And I was kinda sdad when I saw that it was an under gravel filter, but oh well, it was free! I want some plants, so the under gravel filter isn't good for that. I'll have to get anubias or java moss to attach to a rock or some driftwood.

Yes, it is fluorescent, I would have made sure to get one if it wasn't. Thanks for the heater recommendation, I've never had a small tank before.
Sicklidae is offline   Reply With Quote