Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #1 
tiffanylucky

Your not alone, don't be ashamed of having a disability, Accept yourself

Hi. I'm starting this thread because I'm sick of all the depression people are suffering with. Let me explain, I have hereditary depression and Asperger's. I'm a survivor of stage three depression ( there are three levels in depression. Stage 1 is hard for me to describe because I never had stage one, so if someone could explain stage one, please do so. Then stage three, is where it gets scary, you actually start purposely physically harming yourself ( cutting, punching yourself, ect ) and you try to kill yourself. Sadly, not many survive this stage. It toke me years to control my stage three depression. At this stage, hospitalization is the best approach, that and meds. So, I know how you feel and I want to save other's lifes from the thing that almost stole mine, depression.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #2 
thekinetic

I with you and I am absolutely an open ear to anyone with it. I have depression that hits me every now and then and am recovering (if anyone can) from major OCD. There were days where it wouldn't let me get out of bed or eat or drink. And yes I did reach stage three as well, what saved me is thinking that if I was willing to let it kill me and take away everything I loved then what did I have to fear from it.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #3 
ABETTAVOICE

Hello TiffanyLuck, wonderful of you to share such a private struggle to overcome pain and sadness. You are a very strong individual for coming forth and sharing yourself with others, and trying to overcome depression and disability. Please do not feel you are alone in this, as I feel it normal for us as human beings to feel sadness and depression throughout our lives. You are reaching out to others who are in need.
ABETTAVOICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #4 
tiffanylucky

Thank you, I love the feed back I'm getting. This is why I created this thread, I never saw one for this. So, I created this, it was hard for me to think of a good tittle for this and have it be short, sweet and to the point. Ugh sorry just fought myself off topic. I always do this it's something I'm still working on. I wan to bring up the fact that depression is like a broken bone, they both need medical attention and are nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #5 
Meade

I finally got my depression diagnosed. I am Dysthymic or have Persistent Depressive Disorder.

I get these long depressive modes that last anywhere from 48 hours to several months.

Tiffanylucky- it is great to have this topic where everyone can talk and see how we all cope with our depressions and even support each other!
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #6 
tiffanylucky

I know it's great, now we can help each other live longer happier lives :)
Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 PM   #7 
tiffanylucky

Lets all do at least one good deed to help others everyday.