Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #21 
Valentino14

The store isn't set up in a way that would make it effective for the cashiers to see the fish... :/
Valentino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #22 
alyymarie

That's so awful, I never even considered that customers would do that. I can't believe how cruel people can be.
And I'm sorry you're stuck trying to fix it. I think we all know how useless corporate companies can be when it comes to trying to change something.
alyymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #23 
FirstBetta

+1^. Ever since the question authority ethos has hit people have lost whatever manners they had. Along with that consideration for anything or any one but themselves.
FirstBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #24 
siriobiwan

I know our local petstore has the betta display right in front of the cash register! Everyone walking in see's you and more importantly the cashier sees you! It makes so sad to think someone would do that. At Walmart there was a cup with THREE betta fish in it. One was dead and the other two were in bad shape. They tried to stay as far away as they could in those tiny cups. I wish I had the space to rescue those poor boys.
siriobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #25 
Vergil

Well, a more likely solution is the surveillance cams and anyone caught doing this apprehended immediately and forced to pay for the two fish (kind of a you break it, you buy it rule), then asked to leave the premises.

Repeat offenders get blacklisted from the store - before they tamper with more expensive merchandise and endanger other pets.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #26 
radshoes27

My PetSmart keeps the bettas on the endcaps directly across from the regular tanks. There is almost always an attendant in that "hallway"
radshoes27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #27 
aselvarial

My Petsmart has the bettas right in front of the cashiers like others. My Petco has a "fish area" with a person almost always on staff that is by the tanks, and the bettas are all right next to this usually staffed spot. There are also always in very visible main aisles. You could recommend a sign that says something like "Putting two male bettas together is animal abuse and anyone caught will be prosecuted for animal cruelty". That may deter some of the idiots.
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote