Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #21 
cheekysquirrel

Hey, I just wanted to stick my nose in and see if you're feeling better? And maybe commiserate a little. Due to anxiety, depression, illness and ADD I am also very behind on housework :-/ In fact, my house is a pigsty at the moment Why do housework when I can hyperfocus on something else?
Anyway, I hope you're OK
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ug hyperfocusing >.< I do that way too much and always on the wrong stuff too :-/

How are your fish today Meade??
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #23 
Meade

Cheekysquirrel- yup all my problems! 80% of my space is right now is unusable. I really need to work on it. I hyperfocus a lot, usually on the TV or computer. I have found audio books to be a great way to hyper focus and be productive at the same time. I can listen intently to the story and not pay as close attentention to the cleaning. I don't feel so overwhelmed that way. Or I talk verbally to one of my internet friends on a vid call, they are being very supportive.

Lilnaugrim- I've been a bad fish mommy due to my depression. I really need to do WCs, I am a week behind. I've had some heater problems, the new ones I've bought overheated(preset) so I'm supposed to go get another today along with more spring water for WCs. Hubby thinks our tap water was what made Coho ill. I also at some point need to get a 2.5 gal for Callisto.

And I didn't even sleep last night ;~;
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Aww that's okay! Can't be as bad as I have been! >.< ....I may....have not done a water change for my 5.5 normally planted tank in....oh...probably...three months?....I'm glad to have live plants though! I have a feeling my Nitrates are through the roof and might be why my snails are all dying....oops.... It's difficult though I know, having so much to think about and it just all overwhelms you. I'm glad you've found the audio books and the talking to help! I'll have to give that a try some time! I generally listen/sing along to music while I clean or do my tanks but that still doesn't give me the drive to do it though which is what I'm lacking at the moment...sigh.

It is possible the tap could be partially to blame. I remember the thread but not the specific time and what exactly happened to him. If it was during a period when all the ice/snow or heavy rainfalls were melting/happening then it could be. When heavy rainfall occurs or melting, generally garbage and other unwanted pollutants can get into the water system and pollute our water. If you are running off municipal water then the city might deem it safe to add more chlorine to the water system; that's bad news for us fish keepers. In that instance you would use double the normal water conditioner to keep your fish safe. In some instances even that won't help and you'll have to switch to using some store bought Spring/Mineral water until the spell passes. So yes, if those things happened during that time, it is possible that it certainly contributed to the mess and didn't help things at all.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #25 
Meade

I can't listen to music, it is too distracting then I get quickly bored with it XD. I'm really kind of depressed because I know my parents won't send me anything for my birthday like wishes or kind words, we've had a falling out in 2011 due to many problems. She decided to rag on my hubby because of reasons unknown. My hubby has helped me to realise a lot of my phobias and stuff were caused my emotional/verbal abuse (which he HAS witnessed). Also my sister is having her third child around my birthday, sadly I'm not happy about that because my sister is backing my mother against me, not to mention all three girls were conceived and born out of wedlock, that bothers me... Sorry I'm totally rambling, I kinda need to cry now...

my hubby DOESN'T want me using our tap water anymore, despite him not wanting me to have fish XD.

Here in SoCal this year we've had a pretty wet winter this year, not enough to pull us out of our drought, and sadly the snowpack in the mountains is not substantial despite the precipitation this winter. We've had some 90+ degree weather so the snow in the mountains didn't stay long.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #26 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh...I dread the 90 degree's with 100% humidity

I'm glad that your husband is so supportive though, it sounds like you two were made for each other ^_^

You can cry on our shoulders any time you need!! ((hugs))
Old 03-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #27 
Meade

Yeah, good thing it doesn't rain here that often!

He is, and we are.... We were a long distance relationship and we're going on 10 years married this year!

Yeah, I fell asleep instead XD
Old 03-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #28 
jadaBlu

Try this to help you keep things going:

http://pomodorotechnique.com/
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #29 
Meade

I'll definitely have to watch the video and try it! Thank you !