Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #491 
Polkadot

wc day for my Button & Piglet boys! Gave them each a lovely new IAL,gravel vac'd their tanks and cleaned a little algae from the side of Button's place with the magnet cleaner.Extra treat night for all my sweetie mini boys! YAY!!!!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #492 
missavgp

WC time for the babies, then have to suck the ones who got in the way back out of the bucket with a baster. Have Jasper back in the spawning tank for another attempt at breeding him, hopefully this time goes better.
missavgp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #493 
Fin Fancier

Today I caught my pleco nibbling on his spinach. I am beyond happy/proud. I also purchased some rocks on clearance from petsmart for 6 cents that I will use to grow aglea for him. It's a good day for my little bristlenose.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #494 
sandybottom
Reference Team

deep cleaned and replanted the shrimp tank.cleaned the goldie tank.cleaned and rescaped the ct betta tank.trimmed,cleaned and replanted my ct females tank.it only took about 8 hours.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #495 
jaysee
Reference Team

What did you do with your tank today?

I thought about them. Not sure if that counts as "doing" something. I'm away for 2 weeks. I did watch Agent13 do water changes on her/our tanks. Again, not sure if that counts
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #496 
PoissonsMom

I snuck in a 50% wc on my mother-in-law's severley neglected 29.5g guppy tank (my 2yr old son & u guys r the only ppl who know ) While Srubbig the algae out of the filter intake tube, I realized this filter is not big enough... It's an AquaTech 10-20! How do I go about explaining 2 someone that already thinks I'm a "know-it-all smart aleck", that the setup she's running just isn't strong enough 2 carry the bio-load? Not only is the filter 2 small, the tank is seriously overcrowded! I mean, there's 200+ guppies (+ fry) & a 14" Pleco living in the habitat. I have also noticed that there are several fish with spinal deformities (from generations of severe inbreeding, most likely...), their once vibrant colors are now muddy looking or black, and half of them look anorexic. It breaks my heart to see these poor fishies in the condition they're in. Should I just start culling the tank, unkbenownst 2 anyone else in the house? Anyway, this is what the tank looked like b4...

And this is what it looks like now, after my 50% wc...

I'm trying 2 get a pic 2 show how many guppies r in there.... But they're so quick it's hard. There's a bunch above the black rim cuz I figured a feeding frenzy would help, lol... But they're all over the place. Sorry it's blurry, but my son bumped my arm as I snapped it....

Last edited by PoissonsMom; 03-20-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added image
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #497 
PoissonsMom

Ok.... So I sorta got away w/ the wc (I think :-p), but she did notice something's different. She says thinks the water looks "cloudy"... guess since it's no longer green! I confessed 2 "topping it off", breaking down & thoroughly cleaning the filter, and scrubbing the algae off the hood glass, & adding water conditioners. She is convinced that half of her guppies will b dead when she wakes up. Even my husband tried 2 tell her I know what I'm doing w/ fish, but she's really stubborn & already labeled me as a serial fish killer! The last time I cleaned this tank, she did lose some guppies, but I believe it was because they stressed from having a clean habitat, many of them 4 the first time in their entire lives. She has had this tank going for over 4 yrs, and had never cleaned it, nor so much as vacuumed it, until I did it a year ago! She has been adding 2 Bowl Buddies tabs every couple weeks, and argued with me when I tried 2 explain that one tab treats 2 gallons, all 8 only treats 16. She claims that one treats 10 gallons, and that my bottles of Stresscoat & Start Right are specifically for bettas! WHAT??? Lol
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 AM   #498 
Polkadot

wc day for my Plakat boy Mako! Gave him a nice new IAL,switched one of his silk plants for another for variety,gravel vac'd his tank & cleaned a little bit of algae off the glass with the magnet cleaner.Mako had fun watching me & zooming around in the bubbles.Cutie! All my boys had an extra pellet for tea tonight.YAY!!!!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 AM   #499 
Polkadot

wc day for my Button & Piglet boys.Each little boy got a fresh new IAL,gravel vac'd their tanks and cleaned a little bit of algae that was on Button's tank.Extra treat night for all my cuties! YAY !!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 AM   #500 
Polkadot

wc day for little Mako,gave him a lovely new IAL,gravel vac'd his tank & cleaned off a little algae with the magnet cleaner,switched one of his silk plants for another.Mako had a huge lovely bubblenest under his IAL too.He zoomed around everywhere and was playing in the bubbles from the spray bar for ages while I was packing up his buckets etc.He is such a sweetie pie! Extra pellet night for all my weenie boys.YAY!!!!