Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #11 
jaysee
Reference Team

You'll find wheat in almost every fish food - it's a binder. However, wheat should only be listed once. Some fish foods break wheat up into difference components in order to move them farther down the list, misrepresenting the abundance. Hikari is a perfect example of this, listing wheat THREE times. Too they have soy, corn and potato in there as fillers. LOTS of bad things in hikari.

I feed most days, enough pellets to maintain a colony of snails too. I've never bothered to count. Of course a quantity without a size specification doesn't really say anything. There's quite a difference between five 0.5 mm, 1 mm, and 2 mm pellets.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #12 
givemethatfish

I feed all mine 3 pellets in the morning and 2 in the evening, with one day of fasting for the ones I keep at home. My desktop betta at work fasts over the weekend, so I usually give him an extra pellet in the evening on Fridays. They get the Omega One betta buffet 1mm pellets.
givemethatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #13 
shellieca
Reference Team

It depends on the tank & its inhabitants. My office Betta, who is a PIG, gets about 6 New Life Spectrum pellets twice a day M-F, fasting over the weekends. My single male in a 10g tank gets about 6 Omega One pellets once a day, he's not the best eater. My 46g tank gets fed every other day because of the snail population & I know the females scavenge.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta food, care, feeding, male betta, proper care