Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #1 
16kehresmann

Greatest.Weekend.EVER.

So I just thought I share two amazing stories with you guys. :)

Story number one: My betta fish Reznaz found a new home with my boyfriend(Probably a good thing since Rezzie seemed to have a random love for my boyfriend and not me..) ..He's doing incredibly good and my boyfriends pretty much in love with him..So woot woot I got another human hooked on fish. :) I did go to his house to help set-up Reznaz and his new tank but I really just gave him directions while I layed on his bed being lazy and feeding my Instagram addiction and he ended up putting the heater in upside down...xD But I gave him a crap ton of info(And fixed the heater) and I've been checking up on the little guy and hopefully he'll continue thriving. <3 Fingers crossed.

Story number two: So I went to Petco yesterday to meet someone off craigslist who was going to sell me their old 20 gallon (SO HAPPY. It's going to be set-up hopefully this summer and will either be divided or just for Ezio...Not sure yet.) so I got there a bit early, so then I decided to go in and browse. While I was strolling through looking at bettas I came across an employee talking to a 30 some looking woman about her new betta. I overheard bits and pieces of their conversation and the lady asked how long her betta will live and the guy said their lifespan is about "a month" -__- Are you freaking kidding me?...What moron thinks a fish is only suppose to live a month. and this guy works in the fish department...Are you KIDDING me. So I sweetly walked on up with my happy sixteen year old smiling face and told him I have had a betta fish who was 4 years old, and my current bettas are just under 2 and a half months. So I think maybe you should research a bit more. He didn't really get upset or anything. He just kind of looked at me dumbfounded and walked away..xD Anyways the woman ended up asking me about bettas and I sent her home with a 2.5 mini bow tank,a test kit,some silk plants, and my personal favorite a HEATER. :) That woman honestly gave me faith in humanity. So glad I showed up at Petco when I did. :3
16kehresmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #2 
marblesmama

Wish someone like you was around in the beginning of my betta days!. So many people are uneducated. Keep doing what ya do!.
marblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #3 
16kehresmann

Why thank you :) I wish there wOuld've been someone to teach me everything I know now back when I first started keeping bettas.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #4 
Polkadot

Good work!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #5 
Fin Fancier

Never give up on people. I've approached a ton of people about bettas (I actually work at one of the big box fishy stores, blech corporate). Anywho, occasionally I manage to sneak into the fish department and talk to people about purchases/set ups and the like and I'd say its 50/50. Some really want to know everything they can to take excellent care of their new fish, and some people just want to plop something back into a horrible existing set up because the last betta they had lived for a year in it.
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #6 
16kehresmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Fancier View Post
Never give up on people. I've approached a ton of people about bettas (I actually work at one of the big box fishy stores, blech corporate). Anyand iswho, occasionally I manage to sneak into the fish department and talk to people about purchases/set ups and the like and I'd say its 50/50. Some really want to know everything they can to take excellent care of their new fish, and some people just want to plop something back into a horrible existing set up because the last betta they had lived for a year in it.
I hate when people are like "oh well my betta lived for years in a bowl" I'm sure they hated every moment living in that disgusting bowl you cleaned out once a month -__- and it's so hard to explain to people like that, how to ACTUALLY care for a betta. They think cause one betta managed to live a year in a bowl then it's totally and completely fine. :/
Old 04-08-2014, 04:07 AM   #7 
aselvarial

I always want to tell them "and ppl have lived in filthy basements with no light for years...doesn't mean it's HEALTHY"
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote