Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which store do you use????
Walmart 2 4.00%
Petsmart 13 26.00%
Petco 23 46.00%
Other LFS 12 24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #11 
Learn To Fly

I go to my LPS called Incredipet and also sometimes PetSmart-but it's 30 minutes away and doesn't have as good bettas. Incredipet started selling DBTs now, along with the same old-same old VTs and CTs! :D
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #12 
FireKidomaru

Petco.... my Petco takes "ok" care of their fishies but they get more of a variety of bettas in then my Petsmart (their literally right across the street from each other) My Petco gets in Halfmoons, Deltas, Crowntails, Veiltails, Kings, and rarely double tails (when they get double tails, they are stunning double tails) but my petsmart only carries Crowntails, and Veiltails... so i voted petco cause 4 out of 5 of my bettas are from there
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 PM   #13 
Fawnleaf

I shop at Petsmart. Even though most Petsmart stores are horrible, mine's REALLY good!!! The fish and small animals are really healthy and cages impeccable. I have yet to see one dead fish in their tanks. :) But I also shop at another local store called Pet world. They are really bad there, but it's convenient. But if you go in right on the day they get their betta shipment they have really beautiful bettas. :) That's where I got Casanova. But he was one of a kind, they were mostly all plain blue.
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #14 
sokthana

I guess i'm lucky by reading all the comments here.Between my place and my parents house i have 11 different stores that carry fish.Two walmarts a petco a petsmart and 7 lfs/lps.Unfortunately not a single one of them takes really good care of there bettas.I normally end up going to petco because they have the best selection.
sokthana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKidomaru View Post
Petco.... my Petco takes "ok" care of their fishies but they get more of a variety of bettas in then my Petsmart (their literally right across the street from each other) My Petco gets in Halfmoons, Deltas, Crowntails, Veiltails, Kings, and rarely double tails (when they get double tails, they are stunning double tails) but my petsmart only carries Crowntails, and Veiltails... so i voted petco cause 4 out of 5 of my bettas are from there
The PetCO at Southlands is AMAZING!!! They change water daily and I've gotten black doubletilas and white doubletails (pure in both colors).
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #16 
betta99

petsmart all the way
betta99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart is now using a water conditioner that turns the water blue. I asked one of the workers if it was methylene blue and she said it was the water conditioner that was blue.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #18 
Alex09

I just visited a LFS for the first time. I was pleased. All their tanks were impecable. Clean, no dead fish, and beautifully decorated. They also had some bettas in little bowls. They seemed to be clean too. Was a bit pricier than chain stores but they have a nice selection and their fish are healthy so it was worth it. I got 3 Julii cories for $12. I acclimated them for about an hour an now they are happily zooming across the tank :)
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #19 
Bettacaleb

my female at petco and my male at l&ls a lfs
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote