Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 AM   #1 
SleepyRN

Cool Saved My 1st Betta - Bloated

OK, so I left town for a few days and none of my fish got fed (don't judge me - it's just not plausible to let someone access to my apt and med supplies).

I came back and first thing I did was feed everybody. Three Bettas didn't even skip a beat, but one Betta got a HUGE belly - the one that is in my community tank. He's a sweetheart and get's along with every fish in the tank so I was pretty bummed when I saw this.

Anywho... all I did was keep him moving. It was pretty easy actually. He would float on his side at the top and the filter would move him and he would have to swim away from it or the glass. I also kept the light on all night so he wouldn't think it's night time and sleep (I dunno, I guess I was thinking if someone has a severe concussion keep them awake, lol).

The weird part? Even my Angels started to help out. I thought at first they were nipping him, but on closer inspection they would go up to him and nudge him right-side up - no biting at all. By morning his bloated belly was completely flat and he was swimming just fine. So I turned off the light and let them all get some rest.
SleepyRN is offline   Reply With Quote