Hi, I am a newbie so to speak with Bettas. Well, at least caring for them properly. I had one before about ten years ago and now I see I did a lot wrong. I guess I was lucky because he did well while I had him. I had to give him away when I moved. Anyway, I have learned tons over the past 6 weeks reading here and seem to having a very happy VT boy, Lightning McQueen. He's the kids' ... can you tell?
My question is will rubbing and biting on an algae tablet hurt McQueen. I just added ottos to his tank and there isn't much algae, so I put a tablet in plus a little blanched zuchinni. McQueen kept going under the zuchinni and messing with it. Then when the algae tablet got really soft and about 2/3 eaten, he started rubbing on it and biting at it. It reminded me how a dog sometimes rubs on something that is dead. Now that it's gone, he's not rubbing on anything and act fairly normal except for keep on eye on his new friends. Do I need to do anything to prevent him from having contact with the algae tablet in the future?