Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #1 
Jdh

Aquarium Hoods and hangover Filters?

Hi all,
I've been browsing some Aquarium Hoods on Foster's and was curious on how they fit Hangover Filters, if any? I currently have a Penn-Plax Cascade 80 Power Filter that hangs over the rim, and was wondering how it would fit into a hood. If it wouldn't, does anyone have some suggestions for a Hood with filters built in?

Thanks!
Jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #2 
dukie1346

Well, I have a hangover filter, and the hood has a square section open made for a filter to go there.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #3 
Adastra

I use these: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3731+3781&pcatid=3781
They're cheap and ideal for plants since you can supplement your light strip with ambient light in the room. They also look a lot nicer, in my opinion. The glass part is a few inches shorter than the size of the tank it's intended to cover, but it comes with a plastic strip that you cut to the size you need in order to house your filter and heater cord. If for some crazy reason you have the largest filter known to man and it doesn't fit in that space, you can just drag the glass piece forward a bit so the hinged piece goes over the lip of the tank. I don't think this will be a problem, but if it somehow is, it's not like the lid would be unusable.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #4 
Jdh

Okay, thanks for the link Adastra. I'll get that model.
Jdh is offline   Reply With Quote