Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2014, 01:05 AM   #61 
Nicole804

I have a male and female betta. They both been in the tank together for a little over a month now. Today I don't know what happened to my babies. They are not liking each other now. My female has been eating the males tail. So I had to remove him so she don't kill him. She is also full of eggs. How can I get them use to each other again.
P's. He is missing the middle part of his tail. When he not with her he look sad.
Nicole804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:33 AM   #62 
LittleBettaFish

Nicole, it is not recommended to keep male and female bettas together.

Bettas do not get lonely. They are a fairly solitary fish by nature and it is much less stressful for your fish to be kept alone than for you to try and force them to live together.

If they are behaving this aggressively now, it is most likely going to escalate until you have an injured or dead fish on your hands.

For the best interest of your fish I would suggest you keep them separate from now on.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #63 
Kuunsilta

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if I could get a little advise on speedy healing for tail nips? I just set up my sorority a few days ago, and it's doing well. I have six cuties in my sorority. I have three girls who've been fighting for the top of the hierarchy. These three are the only ones with slightly tattered fins. I haven't been overly concerned with their fights, because chases only last a few seconds ( lots of places to hide and escape) and it's been mostly flares and tail slaps. I do feel bad about the tattered fins though.

I have Melafix that I've been putting in the tank as well as a tad bit of aquarium salt. I'm also feeding them freeze dried blood worms and some pellets. I toss some pellets in there because they sink, and the girls who like to feed at the bottom will get some food. Is there anything else I can do for a speedy recovery on their fins? I feel bad, because I imagine it hurts, and they have such beautiful fins =(

I do have a little breeder's net to hang in the tank in case someone get's too aggressive or too weak.

Last edited by Kuunsilta; 04-19-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Kuunsilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #64 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Deffinatly deserves to be a sticky. This will be my bible one day
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #65 
scififan523

I used Searchem Stress Guard to help my Kisa recover after a breeding attempt. It's been a week and the clear regrowth is almost fully there (just needs a little more on her caudal), and the color is starting to creep back into her fins.
scififan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:46 AM   #66 
Btinus

Thanks for putting time to make this :D
Btinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #67 
creativeace

really good information, I am impressed and appreciate the advice. If I ever own female betta fish I will be sure to accesss this page a lot.
creativeace is offline   Reply With Quote