Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #1 
Josh12

How many pellets should I feed my betta?

I just got my first Betta from petsmart today, and bought Aqueon Betta Food, they told me to feed my Betta 1-2 pellets per day and to skip a day out of the week, after reading topics on here.. I am seeing people using this same food and feeding there betta 3-5 pellets twice a day and to skip a day out of the week? How much should I feed mine? Thanks for the help!
Josh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #2 
Welsh

I don't use pellets and never have, instead I use tetra betta flakes - or something along those lines and I feed him everyday of the week, I dont know if the flakes have the same as affect as the pellets do but the pellets tend to constipate a betta and so I think thats why a few days are missed out. (but dont take my word for it)

Also a good range of foods can be used for your betta to give him diversity in his diet. I feed mine bloodworm once a week and he loves it, unlike my other betta who would spit it out lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #3 
Josh12

Thanks for the tip Welsh! I may switch to flakes, they seam easier to feed to the Betta's.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #4 
Josh12

I have been feeding it 2 per day since yesterday... but she seams to be hungry! I was thinking of giving her 2 in the morning and 1 at night.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I feed mine 2 pellets twice a day.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #6 
Josh12

Okay thanks for the reply! I have decided I will feed mine 2 in the morning and 1-2 before I got to bed. :)
Old 07-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #7 
Betta Slave

I find flakes fog up the water more easily. My guys refuse flakes anyway. I feed around 5 pellets a day, and my bettas don't get bloated or anything like that. The best pellets, I find, are Hikari Betta Bio-Gold.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #8 
Welsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I find flakes fog up the water more easily. My guys refuse flakes anyway. I feed around 5 pellets a day, and my bettas don't get bloated or anything like that. The best pellets, I find, are Hikari Betta Bio-Gold.
Really? I have never had a problem with flakes clouding the water.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #9 
Josh12

I was thinking of switching to Top FinŽ Color Enhancing Betta Bits anyone use these? is it good?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #10 
Alexanderismylife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh12 View Post
I was thinking of switching to Top FinŽ Color Enhancing Betta Bits anyone use these? is it good?
I have some of those and My betta's really don't seem to care for it :[ My friend has it thought and her bettas love it! How much you feed your betta mostly depends on how much they move around...because My betta fish Alex gets 2 pellets in the morning and two at night but my betta Riley gets 1 in the morning and one at night. I tried flakes but my betta's wouldn't go near them and they did seem to cloud up my tank more...:[
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote