Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #161 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Grrr I can't wait
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #162 
DJH

Haha glad to hear it and yeah make sure your little bro doesn't get ill! If I'm honest, I've never heard of an age where its bad to breed them... I would really welcome someone to correct me if I'm wrong, but its more common for them to be "too old to breed" in its most literal sense, i.e. they physically can't produce fertile eggs any more (as a pair) though from what I've seen, a male (as in many species) can continue to breed long after a poor female has reached her fishy menopause lol, obviously there are a few things you should consider:
1) Your don't want to cause unfair stress to a creature in your care, over-breeding that results in exhaustion, excessively torn fins and any other things that could affect the health or make them more liable to infection is obviously unfair!
2) Do you have the space? For large scale breeders and those who rely on breeding as an income, the unpopular topic of culling is usually addressed, you don't want to make loads of little lives if they are going to be extinguished by you or your lack of ability to care for each of them (time, space, money etc)
3) Are you up to it? (can you be bothered)
4) Biggest question: do you need to? if you are a hobbyist breeder, you will probably be trying to make something unique, to further your line, If you do not think you have the material in this spawn to work with, try your luck! If you have enough to get one with, perhaps save the breeding for a parent with one of the better offspring. Obviously in your case you want to try for better Ventrals, so go for it! but if you are ever pushed for the requirements in (2) you have to decide whether a step backwards will help to further your breeding goals, or just waste time :)
DJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #163 
Lights106

[quote=valen1014;4157002]Ooops I guess my reply didn't go through on the other post. I'm really glad there are people like you, that's very sweet of you to do that for the animals =) I have to admit that I'm a bit selfish and I do prefer the normal ones But if, for example, it's a particular type of betta that I like and I find a blind one or something like that, I will usually get it. I tend to be really selective though because then I end up with more fish than I can take care of ^^;

Yeah. . . I've done that a time or two. . .
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #164 
valen1014

Video =)

Still growing super slow (sorry that I have some you waiting ). I wish they grew faster but I guess they are just taking their sweet time to work some more on their looks

But anyways, I just figured that I'd share this vid meanwhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVLB...ature=youtu.be
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #165 
SorcerersApprentice

Oh my gosh, they're adorable! Look at their little fins! Slow growth is totally justified if they turn out anything like mom and dad!
SorcerersApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #166 
Canis

Wow, they look awesome!
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 PM   #167 
relaxedcrazyman

omfg they look super awesome!
relaxedcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #168 
Lights106

Oh I wish betas could stay together like that forever. I'd never leave my aquariums side. They look amazing!!
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:41 AM   #169 
DBanana

They're putting all their energy into being AWESOME
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #170 
missavgp

They look wonderful. What great colour
missavgp is online now   Reply With Quote