Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #41 
doubleatheman

YAY he got his appetite today!

He ate 1 wardley ball, 1 of another kind, 4 betta flakes, 1 brine shrimp, 2 bloodworms!

Basically I was putting a tiny bit of every food in his tank to see if he would eat! and he did.

Past several days he would eat the wardley ball after spitting it out ten times... I fed him a few bloodworms just to make sure he got something... but today he was eating anything I threw at him!
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #42 
Elsch

that's always reassuring, isn't it? I'm glad that he'll be okay ^^
Elsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #43 
dramaqueen
Banned

Be careful not to feed too much at once. I'm glad to hear that he's eating now. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #44 
Jupiter

That's great! You betta is adorable, and he seems very happy. Just keep in mind that you should only feed around 2-3 pellets twice a day.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #45 
doubleatheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
That's great! You betta is adorable, and he seems very happy. Just keep in mind that you should only feed around 2-3 pellets twice a day.
Yep he is getting about 2 pellets total a day, and 1 bloodworm, or 1 brine shrimp.

He has been a bit less hungry the last 2 days. And he only seems to want to eat one pellet at a time (per 12 hours). That's why I usually throw a bloodworm in, and remove the second pellet.

I also rearranged his plants in his tank, he didn't like that. He was darting all over, but a few mins. later he calmed down.
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #46 
Titus Flame

Any updates?
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #47 
Trouble

Smile What should I do for my betta fish?

I bought a Betta in January (actually, I got one in December, but he wouldn't eat, so the store-owner took him back). I have him in a small tank (probably 1/2 gallon) with some rocks and a heater. I want to move him to our 10-gallon tank (it's currently not set up), and I was wondering what all I need to get...
I have him on a diet of frozen bloodworms--is that sufficiently balanced, or should I be feeding more? He actually won't eat the pellets I bought--not for me, anyway. Mom can somehow get him to eat some Betta flakes, but he'll only eat bloodworms for me.
We were also thinking of getting a few tropical fish to stick with him in the 10-gallon tank. Is that a wise idea, and if so, what is a good choice? I was thinking neon tetra because they are small and non-aggressive. I also wondered about a Flaming Fox Catfish or a snail...is that okay, and which is better?
Any help would be greatly appreciated; my goal is to keep this fish alive for at least a year! All my others died within weeks.
Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #48 
JaspersANGEL

doubleatheman beta bite is super cute, i can't beleive how his color is so bright, he kinda looks like my charlie, though i could swear my guy has a little mustache and his color is a bit duller

keep up the good work
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote