Betta Fish Forum banner

Need help on feeding a rescue.

389 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Meg215 
#1 ·
I posted that I rescued a King Betta, who lived a small Petco cup for almost a whole year. He had a large wound on his side, it is nothing but a scar now. His fins are still healing. But I have a problem. He won't eat much and when he does eat he gets bloated fast.

I put one pellet of NLS Betta Formula. He would eat it and then spit it out. I tried the Hikari Bio-Gold. Again, he would eat it and then spit it out. I tried a Frozen Bloodworm and he ate one. I am going to try soaking the pellets in some garlic. Any tips?

#2 ·
I dont know if this really helps at all but when I rescued my fish Norman he refused to eat any pellets. Finally I started trying frozen bloodworms and he would eat those fine. I was happy that he was at least eating something! Eventually I got him to warm up to me and eat his pellets. It sure took awhile though! Your king betta is lucky to have you. =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.