Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #1 
LurkerMom

getting the girls...

I finally decided to get the girls in a couple of weeks (for many reason I wont get them now... we might move and if its the case I rather not have 4-5 more fishes to move! and theres noway I'll breed Alduin just yet...)

But after some research I heard I could use my current 32 gallons (with guppies/endlers) as a sorority tank and as a bonus I might cull some frys ;)

I though about getting any females, but since I might try breeding in the not so near future, might as well get a good genepool/colors.

I -adore- the purple line around Vhagar's tail and would like to see frys with a more pronounced line. So I definately want at least one girl in purple/red (or at least, carries the gene)
Alduin is gorgeous (well...was before the ich (don,t throw stones, I wont breed him until at least after 2 months i'm sure he's ok) is a Golden Dragon (according to the breeder, i'm not sure about dragon coloring) so I definitely want something to fit both.

I was thinking 5-6 girls once I get even more plants in the tank (hornwort to float for exemple)

I've been looking at aquabid and google, but I was wondering if you guys have any ideas or suggestion of girls I could look into.
For me it's pretty simple, if I see a pic, I can ask my breeder/importer to hunt one for me :)

ideas?
LurkerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Purple??? Now that's something to work for. Could you please post a picture of the purple you mean.

All I can think of is crossing a lavender to a royal blue. Hopefully you will get some blue-ish lavender which looks kind of purple.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #3 
LurkerMom

well my male on my avatar is the red/purple I'm talking about. But heres a more recent pic.

I really want to try and push with that coloring and ideally make it more pronounced with time and selective breeding.

I already found a female for my Gold/Dragon and my breeder will look with his contacts if I cant have something similar, I wanted to start a sorority, but I think I wont be able to since I can't get 6 females at once (since I'm looking for different things for both bettas, I don't mind if they aren't all perfect, but I at least want one for each that I'll hope will work breeding wise)
Attached Images

LurkerMom is offline   Reply With Quote