Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #11 
RandomFish

Good on your mom! Keep us posted! Hopefully your mom's decision will be a wake-up call for your sis.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #12 
Mermaid Fish

Man I would be mad if that happend to me. My twin brother doesn't have a green thumb for fish or any animal lol. Man I feel bad, when we were like 8 and my sister was like 13 we got 3 goldfish and put them in Tap water! No conditiononing or anything. Yet we wondered why they started peeling. My sister's died first on the same day as her first hamster which was unfortunetly on her birthday lol. My brother's went next. He didn't ever help clean for it. We gave mine to a friend who had lots of fish so she didn't die. Whew
Mermaid Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #13 
RandomFish

^ Poor goldfish! You guys didn't know any better though. I kind of blame movies for giving kids the idea that goldfish are low-maintenance and don't need water conditioner (e.g. "My Girl").

When my younger sister was about 13 she bought these turtles from some street vendor. I knew she didn't know a thing about raising a pet so I questioned her decision but her response was along the lines of "but i want it i want it i want it!!" My parents seemed to be in denial that they were HER turtles, not mine, and decided it was BOTH of our turtles, and had me changing their water all the time. >.< My sister NEVER changed their water. I was so mad because I wanted to concentrate on studying for my SAT's at the time, not mind pets. After I left for college they dumped the turtles in a lake.

Moral of the stories? Parents should be a lot more careful about allowing their kids to have pets.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote