Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #21 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
I understand about the other bettas getting sick form sharing the same water in a divided tank but I would rather risk a couple fish getting sick then living in a cup and when they ship other types of fish they run the chance of them getting sick they don't say well I'm scared that one pleco might get the others sick so let's keep them in a cup they just take the risk so the fish can be happy
THANK YOU. even in those tiny cups the bettas are at risk to get even sicker than they would be in the divided tank!! right?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #22 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
You know another thing with petsmart there is a huge sump in the back where all the water goes then threw all the bio balls and threw some other filtering and back to the tanks. Notice what i said, BACK TO THE TANKS. Yes when the manager took me in the back all the water from every tank ran to that one sump then got filtered so if the gold fish have a disease then that means the pleco, angel fish , bala sharks everything is in the same water.

So if there going to take that risk of everything getting sick off one fish. why cant they put bettas in a divided tank and take the chance, and let them be free. a 55 gallon divided up into one gallon sections would make of course 55 homes for bettas. thats all a pet store needs they dont need more than 55 bettas
also there is no store that will be dumb enough to buy 55 BETTAS . DUHH i mean c'mon everyone know this. im with you completely FloridaBettas:)

not even wal-mart buys 55 bettas:)

Last edited by bettalover2033; 07-07-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #23 
vaygirl

I wouldn't be so sure. When I bought Tango at my local Petco, they had three shelves full of bettas in the fish room, bettas in cups lining the shelves above all the other tanks and bettas on an end cap near the supplies. I'm guessing there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+. Right now they probably have 40. 10 on each of three shelves and 10 on the end cap, give or take.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #24 
kuklachica

My Petco (where I work) has, on a fully stocked day, approximately 50-60 bettas, and we are a small store. Other stores I have been to have close to 100.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #25 
FloridaBettas239

So then a 55 gallon divided up in gallons would be 55 bettas that's more than enough and I wouldn't care if they stuck those betta condos inside a couple tanks yeah there small but at least they would have fresh water at all times a small change is still a change I think them betta condos are only 10 dollars or so for the pet store there probley half that.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #26 
bettalover2033

but the stores could do something about the small tanks..they know they could but i would just need to make good friends with the manager lol:). in my LPS, the shop is so small there are only two owners. that have the business. so i could talk to one of them about my idea? maybe?:)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #27 
Little Marlin

they could them in a quart and they would still have more room!!!
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Marlin View Post
they could them in a quart and they would still have more room!!!
yes your completely right ANYTHING BIGGER THAN THOSE SMALL BOWLS WOULD DO FINE i mean they dont need a 5 gallon tank just to be sitting in the stores waiting and get transfered:)
Old 07-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #29 
XDHeathaLynneXD

For transporting, I say that the little cups are fine, but I do agree that if goldfish get big tanks, why can't our amazing pets? Seperaters aren't hard to put in, you know!
XDHeathaLynneXD is offline   Reply With Quote