Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #1 
Beethoven

Betta for 88 Cents

I walked into Petland today to look at puppies. I was trying to cheer up my sister. First thing I see when I walk in are some BEAUTIFUL bettas!! I've never seen bettas so prety at PETLAND of all places!! They normally have bettas that look very sad and sick and none that are anything but red or blue. When I got Beethoven, he was the only fish with a bubblenest. He was also the only CT and the only fish that had more than one color.
But today there were marbles and what looked like Pineapples and some mustards and I just couldn't contain myself because they were all on sale for 88 cents!!
I didn't buy one. I'm not really in any condition to take on a new betta. Beethoven and I are having a hard time since it's summer and I'm rarely home. I feel so awful for him that he sits on my bedstand now where I can see him everyday when I wake up and before bed and he gets to be with my while I'm sitting in bed online like now. lol Anyway, I don't even have room for another betta on my bedstand.
Today is my anniversary with my boyfriend. THREE years!! We're celebrating this weekend and I might be able to talk him into a betta and a new betta home and everything. Maybe I'll keep it in my sister's room. Oh! Mu just might get a new beautiful betta after all!! =)

<3
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope you do get another one. They sound pretty!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #3 
camsgirl95

OMGG 88 CENTS! i wish my lps would have sales like that!
camsgirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #4 
wallywestisthebest333

Ah! A local breeder probably sold them to petland hoping that fellow enthusiasts would leap at the chance of some fancier fish. =]

Good luck getting a new betta and a home for them! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #5 
Jazattackk

That's great! Are you sure that the bettas are really healthy if they're 88 cents? Both of mine are from Petland, and they were ten dollars each. I don't get how our Petlands are so different, because out of all the petstores I've been too, Petland takes really good care of the bettas. They keep them in big vases three times the size of the plastic cups, and They were always all healthy and clean. Also, at the Petland I go too, there are much more colours then blue and red. I thought they only had Petlands in Canada.
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #6 
Sinamongal

.88 cents is an amazing deal,but again I have to question their health. We no longer have a Petland near us it got shut down. Unfortunetly alot of Petlands were selling puppy mill puppies so most of them have been shut down :(
Sinamongal is offline   Reply With Quote