Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #11 
frogipoi

Me either! My betta can't have a fasting day because my mom sees him and goes Aww xd and gives him a pellet.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #12 
kakashikage

I'm still thinking about it. I really hate to stress him out, but I also hate to leave him here, because his tank is so small, it needs daily water changes and I don't have anyone here who could do that...
kakashikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

If you decide to take him on the road with you do not leave him in the car for nothing!
Whenever my bettas have to go on a car ride, mostly from petstore to home, and I have to stop somewhere I carry that little cup around with me.
So if you're getting gas or just stopping to buy snacks, please bring him with you! Otherwise the water will heat up in a flash!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #14 
kakashikage

My plan (if I take him) is to load up, without Amadeus, and go get gas, so the car cools off a bit, then I'll come back and get him and drive straight home after that.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #15 
kakashikage

Amadeus and I arrived safe and sound, and I think he even actually enjoyed the trip! I found a clear top for his betta cup so I could keep an eye on him while in the car, and I noticed that the places I thought would be bumpy and jostle him around didn't actually move the water much. The cup-in-cupholder idea was good, that seemed to keep him very safe and secure. I stopped every hour to check on him (mostly to check water temp), the water stayed around 78 degrees and he seemed to really enjoy looking around at everything in the car (well, what he could see from the cupholder, at least). He is currently quite happy in his one-gallon tank, very active and seemingly loving having new things to look at, and tomorrow I get to go pick up the 5-gallon to take home with me!!
The only negative part is that I broke the air stone for his UGF, however, I'm going to look at other mini-filter options at Petsmart tomorrow. I'd love for him to have a somewhat better filter than what came with the tank...
Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #16 
frogipoi

Cute! At least the ride wasn't stressful!
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
traveling, vacation