Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #1 
Jazattackk

How can I fix Nibbler's tail?

Okay, so Nibbler ripped his fin a couple of months ago, and I posted on here. Everyone just said to wait for it to heal, and give him salt baths. I've been doing that for two months! It's not helping at all. I actually came back from camping today, and his tail's even WORSE now! One other thing, he's so fat now! I feed him JUST as much now as I did when he was normal, and he wasn't fat, because he always swam around. NOW, he just sits on his butt all day, because it's hard for him to swim. He only comes up for air and food. He's not losing weight by swimming now, and my brother said he fed him the proper amount. I feed Nibbler JUST as much as I feed Flame, and Nibbler's actually a tiny bit bigger then Flame, and Flame's stomach is a normal size, because Flame swims around. I don't want to starve Nibbler, and I want him to swim like he used to, and I want his tail to be better. Time and salt baths AREN'T healing him, so can I try anything else?
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Can you post a pic?
A few questions...
How big is the tank, how much and how often are the water changes, filtration, live plants, additives used, water temp, what kind and how much on the food, how long have you had him?

On the salt treatment-how much did you use and for how long and what kind of water changes did you do while treating?
Getting fat-is this just in the stomach area, scale sticking up or anything like that.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #3 
Jazattackk

I'll try to get a picture on in a minute.
The tank is 30 gallons, I change the water once a week, there are no live plants, the water is 80 degrees, I feed him three pellets a day (I used to feed him 4 or 5, but now he's not losing weight), and I got him sometime in July last year, so I've had him for about a year.
I havn't given him a salt bath in a while because it wasn't helping, so I forgot how much I used. I found the link on this site, and it was posted by Neejar. I followed the directions.
His scales aren't sticking up, it's only his stomache that's big. One other thing, ever since I got back from camping, his tail got shorter, and he's paler now.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #4 
Oldfishlady

What other fish are with him and is the filter current strong?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #5 
Jazattackk

I didn't post this yesterday, but I found Nibbler dead :( I tried the best I could.

There were no other fish, and the current was weak, btw. :) Thanks for helping.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Nibbler! RIP
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote