Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #1 
xswornxoffxjello

Give me a good reason, please!!

I've been wanting another betta. (I know, I'm never satisfied. ) I've been telling myself it's not a good idea, because a) I have 9 already and b) I've filled all the tanks I own. So I decided that I won't get another unless something awful happens. As if to test this decision, however, I went to Wal-Mart with my mom today and there was this beautiful, fiesty male (BTW, he was a red/purple/white butterfly spadetail). Will someone please tie me down so I don't go running out and buy him???
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #2 
shinybetta

I would get him if I were you, but my dad would say no for sure, and I only have two. I never see spade tails at my petco!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #3 
JKfish

Don't do it, if so, you'd need to go buy last minute supplies such as a tank, filter, heater, gravel, and all that, which truth be told is a good bit of money... And then you'd probably want to cycle the tank, which would take even more time and resources. You've got quite a few bettas, and too many more would mean you'd have to split even more time away from your other bettas. I mean, between upcoming school, a social life, and another betta, I doubt your other bettas' would get much time with you :P. Plus, you'd be breaking your vow to yourself, which never is good.

(geeze, that was really hard to type. T_T I can't tell you how much I'd like to scream "Go get 'im!" )
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #4 
xswornxoffxjello

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Don't do it, if so, you'd need to go buy last minute supplies such as a tank, filter, heater, gravel, and all that, which truth be told is a good bit of money... And then you'd probably want to cycle the tank, which would take even more time and resources. You've got quite a few bettas, and too many more would mean you'd have to split even more time away from your other bettas. I mean, between upcoming school, a social life, and another betta, I doubt your other bettas' would get much time with you :P. Plus, you'd be breaking your vow to yourself, which never is good.

(geeze, that was really hard to type. T_T I can't tell you how much I'd like to scream "Go get 'im!" )
Thank you. That is what I needed to hear.
Shinybetta, you are not helping!! lol
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #5 
Jazattackk

I found it hard to care for TWO bettas. Ever since Nibbler died, I've started appreciating Flame more, and caring for him much more. So if you get a new one, you won't be giving the others as much attention as they deserve.
Jazattackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Be careful that you don't get overwhelmed by having too many. That happened to me when I had to start taking care of my elderly mother.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

Its a slippery slope and you have to set limits for yourself. I feel guilty quite a bit of the time because instead of having just one fish that I spoil to death I have lots who are well taken care of but not as good as they could be if I only had one.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #8 
CodeRed

Agreed with 1f2f, but then I look at them and realize that there aren't any that I would give up XD So I'm back to square one. Do what you think is best, but be sure you know what your limit is. Don't let the keeping of them become a chore that you hate.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #9 
xswornxoffxjello

Yep. I was just tempted for a minute. I mean, I wouldn't have expected Wal-Mart to have such a healthy-looking fish. Thanks for the support. :)