Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #11 
Underthesea

I'm curious... Do you also use a sponge filter, if you do, how far down do you submerge it? And do you add plants in the tank to help filter water, If so, what kind of plants? Thanks.
Underthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #12 
Underthesea

Hahah I'm so lame... Your picture Shows bunch of plants and you even described how the father had to swim through it... Duhhh hahahha

But what are those plants called??
Underthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #13 
Dead Sunlight

Congrats on the new fry!!!

They are gonna be beautiful!!!
Dead Sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #14 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthesea View Post
I'm curious... Do you also use a sponge filter, if you do, how far down do you submerge it? And do you add plants in the tank to help filter water, If so, what kind of plants? Thanks.
Yeah i use sponge filter's also I use a gang valve to adjust the flow so it can be running all the time. I use the cheap lee's aquarium sponge filters. The triangle one's. I put the sponge filter all the way to the bottom. I have the filter sitting on the floor of the tank. Now the tube that is hooked to the sponge filter, That has the air line going threw it. Might stick out of the water, Because i only have the tank's half full. So what i do is cut that tube so it's 3 inches long instead of 5 or 6 inches. So now the tube is under the water level, And the sponge filter is full working. And then even when the fry tank finally get's full the filter still work's great even thou i cut the tube short..

As for plant's, I have used almost evry kind. True aquatic plant's only!!!!!! petsmarts and petco sell these plants that are not true aquatic. But the plant's I like the most is java (fern and java moss). Couple reason's why..

1)They are very hardy and dont die and rot easy. Because dying rotting plants make's for ammonia levels to go up. Something you dont want in a fry tank.
2) I just lay the java fern in there and when she want's to get away from him, she can. I walked in to check on a pair one day and she way up on top of the leaf. With really not much water on her, but she was jus hanging out taking a break. 2 hour's later i had a spawn.

Okay so the java moss I like this because..

1) I lay it all up in the leaves of the java fern, and she can weave her self up into it and he cant get to her, He just sit's there showing off for her..
2) With the java moss you can take it and roll it up squeeze it and get all the little infusia for the fry. And then throw the java moss back in the tank..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote