Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #31 
frogipoi

10 (almost 11).
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #32 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
I'm 11 almost twelve, But I had bettas when I was four. My mom took care of them and I just liked to sit and stare at them.
it all depends if you have any supervision or not.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #33 
KBoone

lily, wouldn't a better solution be to maybe educate your aunt and maybe volunteer to help care for the fish?

I agree that a child that young is incapable of taking care of the fish by himself, but it can certainly be a learning opportunity for him and perhaps time for you and he to bond.

I don't know that I'd immediately assume that your family members are unwilling or incapable of taking care of their new pet. I'd give them a chance first, lend them your help and give it a while. If it's not working-out, THEN you could suggest taking it off their hands.
KBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #34 
frogipoi

People should need permits to keep bettas!!! Why don't we make ourselves one?lol
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #35 
kirby13580

Great idea!!!
kirby13580 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #36 
SilverCaracal

I'm almost 13 and I think that it depends on the person. Sometimes a 4 year old can be more responsible than an adult. It just depends. Oh and by the way, my parents would love it if I flushed my fish down the toilet. :( I'm the only one who's responsible for it.
SilverCaracal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #37 
kirby13580

Thats too bad..
kirby13580 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #38 
shmifty5

my niece is about 2 now and she can barely say her s' yet, im still teeven (steven) and my pets are elo (mello), kippy (skippy), fwith (all have names and I have taught her their names, missy, bessy, salt & pepper, her name by name is, mitty, bethy, walt & pepar).

I would not ever suggest she own a fish nor would I leave her alone with any of my pets, except for mello & skippy, since mello has repeatedly attacked her fingers thinking they are worms and skippy leaped into her hair and then quickly bolted down her face before jumping back into his tank.

On top of that I have caught her trying to grab the fish while she had a bucket of yogurt in her other hand, I can only guess she was going to put them in the yogurt and then put them outside, she has attempted this with both the cats and my dog oreo, she seems to think that yogurt is sunblock despite my teaching her the difference between the 2 (her parents encourage it and think its cute when she eats sunblock and puts yogurt on her face, they shouldn't be parents IMO).

Now despite all of that I do feel that fish and exotic animals add a much needed 'experience' with the natural wolrd especially in our modern concrete world, but to expect the child to care for the animal is far beyond common logic, that kind of thought process should be caused by drugs or exhaustion.
shmifty5 is offline   Reply With Quote