Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #11 
FloridaBettas239

Indian almond leaves can be bought on aquabid, but most of them are over sea's so it takes for ever to get them.

2nd place is eBay, which some of the sellers are from over seas still.

3rd place is betta breedind web sites. Like bettysplendens.com but they are getting the from someone else so they mark it up you end up paying more.

The last and the place I get mine is ibcbettas.org. You have to sign up to be a member of the site, not the membership where you have to pay. It's just a membership so you can buy suff from the site.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 AM   #12 
FloridaBettas239

There's 2 ways to use the leaves. You use a whole leaf in 10 gallons and half a leaf in a 5 gallon. This way take a while to get in to the water.

I like to take a gallon water jug. Fill it up with fresh conditioned water then put some in a pot and get it boiling. Take a coffee filter and crush up a whole leaf putting it inside the coffee filter. Tie the coffee filter shut, by this time your water is boiling. Drop the dyi Indian almond leaf tea bag in the water, back the heat down a little. And let it brew once the water is realy realy brown. Dump the pot of water in the gallon jug of water that's conditioned. Let it cool then put some in your tanks. Yes you can buy the IAL bags already made but I like to float one and boil some so I like to have grade A leaves. Plus you have to pay more for the tea bag ones...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #13 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSprinkleFaceX View Post
I dont have any IAL atm. Where can I get some from?
I got mine here:

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/product/80...-leaves-5-pack

I'm very happy with the quality and the price, but I don't know if they ship to Canada or not.

This seller is in the Stats (Michigan) and shipping was fast!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #14 
XSprinkleFaceX

OK, Thanks alot. :) I'm gonna start ordering some after I have the moneys.

Btw, I did a 100% waterchange and added aquarium salt yesterday to help with the torn fin (I didnt have any aquarium salt so when I first got him I hadn't added any). His fin is healing up well (it's miracle stuff, i saw a difference over night) so should I do 50% water changes for a couple of days, or leave it at the normal routine of 50% water change weekly?
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote