Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #11 
Ajones108

On the topic of killing a betta.

When I first got this little boy, I was in a panic. I had bought a heater, a 2.5 gallon tank, FD bloodworms and a dechlorinater for the water. Then I came here, and I learned so much more, and then I was worried about acclimating this fish to the water, and I was really afraid he was gonna get lethargic and die.

And then I remembered last night... My friend's roommate is keeping a red VT betta in a 1/2 gallon sized bowl, isn't feeding him but like once a week, and NEVER changes his water. How is that fish still ALIVE after 4 weeks?! I wanted to kidnap it and bring it to a better home but... I don't have room for another betta...

:( But if that betta hasn't died yet then this one will DEFINITELY make it!
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #12 
loppy656

I never knew gold fish grew sooo big! I had one when i was like 3 for about a year and it was only ever about 1 inch.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #13 
FloridaBettas239

Never just listen to peoples opinions then it will seem like bettas are hard to care for. Go research so care info on splendens.

Gold fish suck I have seen and had so many die, plus they put off a bunch of ammonia in there poop, way more than bettas.

Not that I would do it but I have seen first hand and from people of bettas living in little cup size containers with out a heater in a freezing work office. And they didn't do water changes but once every 3 days. With no gravle or plants. And that betts lived 2 years and had very long fins full of color.

I've never heard of a betta tail biting because there board. Tail biting is a genetic prolem. And you wouldn't want to breed them.

But I have never had a betta die and I've put them threw some stuff untill I found out more about them.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #14 
doggyhog

I have a 7 inch long goldfish. I've had it only over a year and when I got it, it was 2 1/2 inches long.

The little buggers grow fast.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #15 
loppy656

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
Never just listen to peoples opinions then it will seem like bettas are hard to care for. Go research so care info on splendens.

Gold fish suck I have seen and had so many die, plus they put off a bunch of ammonia in there poop, way more than bettas.

Not that I would do it but I have seen first hand and from people of bettas living in little cup size containers with out a heater in a freezing work office. And they didn't do water changes but once every 3 days. With no gravle or plants. And that betts lived 2 years and had very long fins full of color.

I've never heard of a betta tail biting because there board. Tail biting is a genetic prolem. And you wouldn't want to breed them.

But I have never had a betta die and I've put them threw some stuff untill I found out more about them.
What do you mean by you've never had a betta die. Like you still own the ones you first got or the only way they died was of old age?

Whats the diffrence between bettas and splendas?

What do you do for your fish? I would love to not have my fish be as helthy as yours.

Last edited by loppy656; 07-21-2010 at 02:46 PM.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote